Big news story on MD tonight in NJ

JT_hunter

Oct 28, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 di Pro - Fisher CZ5 - Garrett AT pro - Whites M6 - Garrett Sea Hunter MK ll - Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out Tuesday metal detecting a park close to the house. I found the usual clad and aluminum junk. I was about to leave when I swung the coil over something that read 87-88 on the AT pro, I had a good sound with a slight chop at the end of the swing. I looked down and saw a silver what looked like a screw cap, but when I bent down for a closer look it was a class ring with a clear stone. It was just hidden by the grass and slightly pushed into the ground. The coil grazed right over the top of it causing a slight distortion in tone since the coil was so close. News 12 New Jersey will run the story tonight at 8:00pm to 8:30 preview of the full story which will air tonight at 10:00pm to 10:30pm time frame. The owner of the ring was found and the ring returned to her thanks to News 12 for tracking her down I didn't have luck with internet searches. So I called the media. This is positive press for our hobby. And what we're all about. Watch tonight!

Ringllr1.jpg

Ringa3a.jpg

Ringllr2.jpg

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the return! Will put a good light on the hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread