Ring-ing in the new year

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a friends holiday gathering around Christmas time. We got to talking about detecting and what not and one of the people said he misplaced his ring when setting up xmas lights, tree, ect. So I said I could come by with my metal detector and dowsing equipment and search when we could all meet. When I got there today I thought he had lost it outside but I found out that he was talking about somewhere in the house. I said the only way to search now is with the dowsing rod.
So we went floor by floor from basement to 2nd floor and the dowsing rod locked on a target up there towards a dresser about 15 feet away. He took my white's pinpointer and started to scan over the clothes and inside the watch pocket in a pair of jeans this beautiful 14k white gold ring was discovered. He was thrilled that it was discovered and even more how it was discovered as his understanding was that the rods were just for pipe locating and didn't have capability to search horizontally. All in all a great start for the new year.
Jon
WhtGold_1_2_16.jpg

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Electriken

Jan 27, 2016
Barwon Heads Vic
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Garretts Seal Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello Jon
Great story especially when it has a happy ending.
like you I Metal detect and got into Dowsing/ Devining many years ago, have done water Devining and located underground pipes and lost objects.
I use wire L Rods and an Aurameter and was a member of the American Society Of Dowsers
I would be interested in what type of dowsing you do?

Regards Ken
Barwon Heads
Victoria Australia

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jon Great story especially when it has a happy ending.like you I Metal detect and got into Dowsing/ Devining many years ago, have done water Devining and located underground pipes and lost objects.I use wire L Rods and an Aurameter and was a member of the American Society Of DowsersI would be interested in what type of dowsing you do?Regards Ken Barwon Heads Victoria Australia
Hello Ken, Thanks Im' glad you liked the story.I do general treasure dowsing, gold prospecting, dowse for missing persons, cemetery plot locating and identification, crude oil, meteorites and every so often I dowse for potable water location. During the map/photo dowse I dowse for what the customer is searching for and then dowse for any additional items that the dowsing instrument is responding to.
Jon

Last edited:

Hosssauce

Greenie
Aug 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Tele, your dowsing skill is no joke ! Incredible stuff :award_star_gold_3:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread