Lost wedding band in Santa Rosa, FL: $500+ reward

Barsad0

Aug 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on another forum said that you guys may be able to help me out.

I know that this is an absurd request with even worse odds of recovery, but I lost my wedding band in the ocean last night. If anyone lives near the area, I would extremely appreciate if you took a look.

If by the grace of God you find it, I'll pay you $500 plus whatever the spot price is of the platinum.

My wife and I parked just south of the 393 and 30A intersection in Santa Rosa and went to the beach just south of that. Facing the ocean, we walked down the ramp and to the right. We went out into the ocean between the lifeguard stand and the first building. We were about 20ish yards out and the water was only waist deep. A big wave came in and knocked it partially off my hand which was promptly followed by the largest wave I have seen the entire day. It knocked me on my butt and the ring came off. I searched for nearly 2 hours to no avail :-(

It's almost pure platinum so I'd image it won't go too far.

Thank you in advance

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I'm not close to your area... If your correct on the facts I'll bet it will be recovered and quickly. I just hope someone steps up to help YOU and not themselves. And I hope it's a T-net member also! My best to you to recover your ring buddy.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Assuming there are people in your area they will try to help you out. Make sure you post on craigslist and report to the police. Some guys might only check with the police when they find things...Good luck and let us know if you get it back.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll make a road trip for that amount! Go to lostmystuff.net and put up a listing. Someone that lives closer than I do should help you out for no costs. I would be glad to but I'm 4 hours away.

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Barsad0!! Called a good friend of mine who lives in the area and is very good at MD'ing in the water!! He knows the area well and hopefully will be capable of helping you out!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to check with TheRingFinders.com. They have lots of members in Florida and a good track record of recoveries and returns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread