Just Lost Your Ring and Need Help? A Tip

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you just lost your ring at the beach, or park? What should you do to try and get it back? Ask Metal Detectorists to help you recover it. Online metal detecting forums like T-Net can be a tremendous resource for finding someone in your area quickly.

You need to get someone as fast as you can because metal detecting is more popular now than it has ever been, the machines are better, and the detectorists are better. Lost rings in parks and on beaches – or any other area accessible to metal detectorists usually don’t stay lost long.

When asking for help in an online forum, or Facebook, Craig’s List – wherever, NEVER give the exact location of the loss. Give the town, and your contact email address. Not everybody plays by the rules, and if you say I lost my $20,000.00 engagement ring at “XYZ Park,” you can bet Pirate metal detector's will be hitting that park hard for profit. Be Smart, be quick, and best of luck!

Duckman Willcox

Sep 20, 2015
SouthTexas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500, XP Deus, Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good forum to post this in would be " lostmystuff.net " It I a group of detectorist that pledge to do it for free. The way it works is you post just general info about the item NO specifics. also contact method--phone email etc. I m a member and have I set up for 15 miles around my home. If anything is posted that meets my range I will receive an email concerning the report number which Ican request and get your contact info. We work out the details from there. No fee is charged, but you can accept a reward or thank you gift. My rewards have been a Dinner for four from an Italian Chef for the return of wedding ring lost for 1 1/2 years. Another was home made pecan pie from a neighbor who lost their diamond earring.
This is a worldwide organization and can be very helpful to those who need the experienced metal detectorist rather than just renting a metal detector.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry is spot on.

I'm the type he's warning against. So I'd suggest not listening to him, thanks. :skullflag:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of fake calls about lost rings. Yeah, it happens as people think its funny to see the nerd looking for something that isn't lost.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of fake calls about lost rings. Yeah, it happens as people think its funny to see the nerd looking for something that isn't lost.

When I passed out my business cards, I got a lot of calls to locate lost items. If I had to drive a distance to the location I would require a deposit before i started searching. If they paid I figured it was on the up & up. If approached while hunting I gave them my card an told them to call me so I could get in touch with them if I found the item at a later date. You'd be surprised how many times I got no follow up call.:laughing7:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

It's funny when I do it. :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love this thread

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a volunteer with the lostmystuff.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsplostmystuff Resources and Information. for 5 years.
I want to believe that most people are honest and I will try to reunite them with their lost jewelry whenever possible.
A few strange experiences kind of gave me a wake up call about some people who may try to con you. If you are willing to search for other people's lost property, always get a detailed description of the lost item before the search begins. That way, if you are looking for a plain yellow 14kt wedding band, but you find an 18kt wedding ring with a huge diamond, you can keep the find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread