SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I spend two weeks every year in the Florida panhandle in October. My other passion is flyfishing so I do that and detect the beaches. Today, I decided to try my luck near a pier that is used heavily. I got there before sunrise and didn't see any other detectorists. After finding some clad, a young man asked me if I would try and find his friend's daughter's lost sterling ring. Of course I said yes and asked if they knew roughly where it was lost. His wife also came over and they showed me the area so we marked of a good sized area on the beach. She lost it two days ago and I hoped that nobody had already found it.

I started on one end of the area and slowly worked it, while dragging my feet to see where I have been. On about the tenth pass, I finally get a single on my E-TRAC that was a 12-40 which should be the ring and hopefully not a screwcap. I reached down into the sand and picked up the ring. I waved to the couple and they ran over and I handed them the ring. They were more than happy and took a picture of the ring to text to the girl's father who was up in the condo. He texted back that it was hers and everyone was happy. Unfortunately, I left my phone in the condo so I didn't get a picture. Always a good feeling to return a ring to the owner!

Here's some pics of my finds so far...

PA210243.JPG

Two of those coins are Euro cents.

The Euro 5 cent coin

PA210250.JPG

PA210251.JPG

The Euro 2 cent coin

PA210249.JPG

PA210255.JPG

I eyeballed the two Euro coins on the beach and ran my coil over them and didn't hear any tone. I was discriminating out iron and found out the these Euro coins are copper plated steel. Wouldn't have found them if I hadn't seen them.

The lead found so far...

PA210245.JPG

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the find and return! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread