$$$REWARD More than its worth!!! I lost my engagement ring in kauai!

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

Attachments

• my ring.jpg
    my ring.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,950

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Re: i lost my engagement ring in kauai!

Let me be the first to volunteer to go look for it. If you can have a ticket waiting for me at DIA I can fly out in the morning.

Glad I can help. :-*

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

Hi,

i appreciate that, but i can't afford to fly people there, i was just hoping someone who lives in the area might look for me...

thanks though....

i do have one local looking...wish him/me luck?

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004

wilson02472 said:
Hi,
i do have one local looking...wish him/me luck?

You have three locals looking for it now. Dutch, Ken, and the GoldPinger. I searched for six hours on Friday for it, no luck yet.
The sand at Kalapaki is deep and moves around alot. It's just a matter of time before it shows up.

GP

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

I am so appreciative, and can not tell you how much this means to my "new" family....
We were on our honeymoon, first time in Hawaii, and never realized how much the surf can move the sand so and ring was just gone.... I have learned my lesson, and will tell anyone that goes out your way to leave jewelry at home. If there is any information you guys need, or if i can help in any way, please let me know!!

gratefully yours...

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Still looking for your ring

recent storms and heavy rains have re-arranged the sands, so I'm out searching again.

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005
Re: Still looking for your ring

Thanks so much!!!

Gold_pinger said:
recent storms and heavy rains have re-arranged the sands, so I'm out searching again.

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005
Re: $$$REWARD!!! i lost my engagement ring in kauai!

HI,

Well, when/if I am wearing my ring again, I shall laugh with you guys!!!

Thanks

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

Yeah, I have two gentlemen looking for me so far, so we shall see!!
What else can I do? It is irreplaceable I am afraid....

interesting photo choice there...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Maybe a dumb question, but I gather you've told them as specifically as possible where to look on that beach as best you could tell (understanding you may have lost it over a wide area). Also, do you know for sure you lost it on the sand vs. the water? Good luck!

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

I did give a map to dutch, but here are details for anyone interesting in looking:

11A on Monday June 27th 2005 on Kalapaki Beach, Nawiliwili, Kauai.... 15 feet into the water, straight out from Dukes..It is my husbands grandmother's ring, and not worth much, but will pay cash reward!!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Ah, important point, was that 15 feet into the water at high tide, low tide, mid, etc. if you can recall. A big help to know for those searching, if they didn't ask.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

actually, you can tell them the time you lost it and they can look it up on tide chart, but it's an important piece of info. Hopefully it was at high tide so they can search on land during low tide.

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

I think I might have confused the issue, it was 15 feet out into the water, when i lost the ring, it slipped off my finger, i was in the water, but, it was little lower then waist high water, so I am not sure about the tides that day, only the water was rough. I am not a good judge of distance, that was my husbands guess, but I was facing dukes, andI about 7 feet from me on the right was this really big rock formation, which I mentioned to Dutch also....

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005

Well that sounds nice, except I was only in barely waist high water, and I can't believe how rough the water was, and it was gone in a flash!!!EVIL!!!!

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004

wilson02472 said:
but I was facing dukes, andI about 7 feet from me on the right was this really big rock formation, which I mentioned to Dutch also....

Well this info helps me alot. I have been searching the area pointed out by the beacboys at the rental hut. No closer then 30 feet to the rocks. Lets get this clear, "7 feet from me on the right" your right being facing the ocean or facing Dukes?. I missplaced your contact info so
I will monitor this forum and as soon as I get the details I will go search again. The sand is not as deep closer to the rocks. Dutch did not share his info with me. If you still have my cell number you can call me.

GP

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005
Re: $$$ REWARD!More than the appraisal value! Lost engagement ring in kauai!

Hi There,

This was/is my post:

Kalapaki Beach, Nawiliwili, Kauai.... 15 feet into the water, straight out from Dukes. I was facing Dukes (the beach), in less than waist high water, that large rock formation was on my right maybe 10 feet away??

Anything else I can help with, my email address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking!!

OP
OP
W

wilson02472

Jul 28, 2005
Re: $$$REWARD More than it's worth!!! I lost my engagement ring in kauai!

I notice way more losts then founds.....what are my chances a year later of having this ring
recovered....anyone? :'(

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Re: $$$REWARD More than it's worth!!! I lost my engagement ring in kauai!

Well I am returning a ring Friday that was lost 34 years ago.
The owner was surprised!. It was lost in 1972, two days after he got the ring.
After talking to him I found out the ring was still in the same place it fell off his finger.
I have detected the location several times a week for the last 10 years.
It just happens that I passed my coil over it this time when it wasn't buried too deep in the sand for my detector to signal on it.
HH Gold_Pinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread