Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Peglegs Black Gold Nuggets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    2029 times
    Cache Hunting
    8. Look behind you for landmarks for the way back. Learn to use a Lensatic compass and check your USGS 7.5 min map.
    9. 2 small flashlights that use the same batteries(AA or AAA). When one gets dim use the other to put in new batteries. It gets really dark out in the mountains when there is no moon. Almost like being in way down in a cave. carry extra batteries, enough for 2 reloads.
    10. Toilet paper for those emergencies and also works good for starting a fire. Put it in a Ziplock baggie.
    11. Matches or cigarette lighter for making a fire. (also in the baggie)
    12. 3 shots from a gun, delay and 3 shots is a call for help. Carry spare rounds.
    13. Some kind of rain gear, 30 gallon trash bag works good for the top 1/2 and takes little room.
    14. Some kind a food you can carry and munch on. Bread doesn't pack very good cross country, so for get the Peanut butter. Doritos do pretty good if you have the water to wash them down. Granola Bars have the same problem. BUT snack packs of sliced peaches work out good. Most of my hunting was not where there was much water to drink. IF you are in an area that can have beavers, carry a "Good" filter for the water. Probably more but I'll have to check what I use to stuff into the daypack. Just figure that you may be gone all day and maybe most or all of the night when you leave. Those nifty space age blankets weren't too bad, but they tore easy.

Charter Member
    um
    Dec 2008
    1930 times
    This is probably a longcut on the trail to Pegleg's black nuggets.

We've read the story of "Poor Tom Cover" (although I would very much like to obtain a copy of The Riverside Press & Horticulturalist November 15, 1884 article about him and his untimely demise).

Earlier in life, was it Tom Cover who caused John Bozeman - of the Bozeman Trail and Bozeman City, Montana Territory - to sun his moccasins?

Perhaps:

The Real John Bozeman With sneaky ways and low morals

Perhaps not:

Historians find new suspect in John Bozeman murder mystery | Crime and Courts | bozemandailychronicle.com.

Speaking of missing newspaper articles - I'd also like to read the Los Angeles Mining Review piece published February 11, 1899.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
    Make America Think Again

Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

us
    Just an old man enjoying life...

Jun 2006
    Banning, California
    ace 250
    142 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I might have that article Old Bookaroo, I'll check when I get home late tonight.... If I do I can email it to you...

PLL

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6085 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegleglooker View Post
    I might have that article Old Bookaroo, I'll check when I get home late tonight.... If I do I can email it to you...

PLL
    Any chance you could be enticed to scan it and post it here for all? Thanks in advance, and if you can't that is OK, free time is always at a premium so we understand.

SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Just an old man enjoying life...

Jun 2006
    Banning, California
    ace 250
    142 times
    If I do find it, I can scan it, but it will have to be Thursday or Friday before I can get time to scan... But I'll let everyone know if I find it tonight....

PLL

us
    El Dorado: Gold is where you find it.

Apr 2015
    Valley Center, CA
    1619 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegleglooker View Post
    If I do find it, I can scan it, but it will have to be Thursday or Friday before I can get time to scan... But I'll let everyone know if I find it tonight....

PLL
    We appreciate that, PLL. Good to see you back here posting again.

JB

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links