Tea Kettle, & Lookout rock...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tea Kettle, & Lookout rock...

Way to go Ki !

Keep up the good work.

Do you think the crown and square and compass could be KGC. markers?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D Gg, THOSE "signs" COULD be KNIGHT TEMPLARS, PIRATES, FREEMASONS, or KGC. AND! The "TEA KETTLE" COULDbe a "BRIT connection"... DUNNO. :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: 8)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
;D Gg, THOSE "signs" COULD be KNIGHT TEMPLARS, PIRATES, FREEMASONS, or KGC. AND! The "TEA KETTLE" COULDbe a "BRIT connection"... DUNNO. :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: 8)

WOW! Either way sounds like Ki is on the trail to somethinggood :thumbsup:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Hey guys thanks for the support...Im hoping the survey point i was talking about may pretane to a Filson land grant. He talks of a silver mine in the center of a survey made. A mine once improved by a John Swift. I havent read to much on the KGC, but the swift mines and kgc site could be related somehow :icon_scratch: maybe.... I was looking back on some pictures i took, the one inside the mine, a name jumped out at me on the left hand wall going in. pretty cool! this means another clue, check that post for my update about this let me know what ya think..... -ki-

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Thanks Rebel, I'll check that out........ :wink:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Hey Reb thanks again for the link, I'll do some more reading for sure. Keep an eye out on my hikes. :thumbsup: :icon_study:
Goodyguy i dont think they are KGC, but you never know. Along with some of these Swift carvings, and landmarks, I'm finding a bunch of French/Indian, and early settler carvings. Some possably could be Spanish but doubtful. The mines Swift Had worked was supposedly owned by French/Indian of the era. These are all in the area of mine site Ive found.

There is a craving i would like to get some feed back on, its of a face. I first thought they were just circles, but its a face. Let me know what you think about this carving, its a great find to a photographer like myself. It has nothing to do with the Swift mine.......... -KI-

Attachments

• circle carvings.JPG
    circle carvings.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 603

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:thumbsup: OWL was ALSO by Mayans to warn of "death & destruction"... PROBABLY to use CAUTION. :icon_study:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Wow, that sounds about right this carving is on top of a cliff, on the edge almost. When i first found this carving all i seen was the circles, then it started looking like a face of some kind.....but i think you nailed it Rebel, it does look like an owl. This is probably Indian then. Its an old carving, almost weathered off the rock. Is there any carvings like this involving the KGC? Thanks Rebel :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: Ki, KGC utilized ALL "treasure signs & carvings"... THEY were THers , too. After THEY found the old treasures of "Indians", Pirates, Colonists, REBELS, OUTLAWS, etc. KGC/YRM would OFTEN "blaze" near-by trees, "man-high" or "horse & rider high" or hang "things" from trees to let OTHERS know "the old it" has been found, and SOMETIMES KGC "new it' was "added" or "new it" replaced the "old it". That is why there is SO much confusion as to the "source/age" of "it". THE SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL has some very good examples of HOW KGC worked... READ IT!
:wink: :-X :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: (BTW - MANY "blazed trees" have ALREADY been cut down... due to "develop-
ment" and SOME things FOUND!). :-X NEVER gonna hear about it, TW... :icon_pirat: :-X

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: CAUTION gotta be used, because of "DEAD MAN DROP"... ie. the "treasure" is in a cave BELOW that particular stone carving. How far below, depends on "clues" provided BACK on trees, stones, cliffs @ 20 - 50 "feet"
(depending on terms used for "clueing" of 'treasure" (COULD be "rods", etc. - check surveyors' terms ...); remember "definitions
of "treasure" varied according to whether it is "Indian", Spanish, Jesuit, REBELS, OUTLAWS, etc. MOST KGC "treasures" connected with CSA will be WEAPONS, family "caches", CSA GOLD, etc. Does KGC exist. today? PROBABLY... as part of FEDS!
:o :-X :icon_study: :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: (BTW... The OWL is "slanting"... I would look wherever the "pointed" TAIL ... like a
" V "... is pointed; MAYBE, to the LEFT of the "SIGN-STONE"). :wink: :-X

scubadave

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
Cincinnati-Ky/TN-Keys
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA1250, Garrett XL500

I've backpacked in the area a lot over the years and have seen a lot of carvings in rocks. I also know some of the locals like to carve in the rocks as a joke ( I've watched them do it). Double check the carvings

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

hey dave, your not kidding about the carvings... I hate to say seems like everyone has to leave there mark some way or the other. My best carvings i would love to show some pics, but wont in order to keep my find secret at the moment. I always double check and take plenty of pictures. Alot of really old carvings have been defaced by tourist, or others (which is a shame), dont they know there destroying history. These carvings ive been finding are real. They are on private land, with no public acsess, No trails, and very rough counrty. You can usually tell the age of a carving by the moss that has filled or grew over the carving.

truthseeker

Apr 2, 2009

Ki....You said you found 3 x's also on the ridge.It made me think of a stone map I have.On it there is a pentagon with 3 X's inside of it.I always wondered if they represent 3 of the mines.Have you tried matching those marks up with the other locations you found?I would determine which x most likely fits the mine you already found and go from there.

I first heard about the story from my uncle.He went on an expedition with Paul Henson,and two locals from eastern Kentucky.Although they didn't find anything,he said it was something he'd never forget.Now these two locals,they had hunted all their lives and was familiar with the country side.I was hooked after hearing the story.

I went with him the next time he went.While on this trip one of the locals,Floyd,also considered family.He gave me a stone map he had found.He was in his 60's and not able to get back in the hills anymore.It looks like a map.Well I'm sure it is,although I'm not 100 % sure it's authentic.If someone was playing a joke they sure spent many hours on it.lol
It's been stashed away for the last 15-16 years.

I'll post a pic of one of the symbol.....the pentagon with the X's on it.Although,I too don't wanna reveal all of it quite yet.I need to know what I have first.

I'll post after I get my bro's cam

Maybe it'll help ya out

good luck Ki

Trav

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Hey truthseeker, thanks for the info! Yes this carving still has me puzzled. I'm thinking now that two of the X's are M's instead of X's.... Ive posted a picture of this carving, in this pic you will see the "J S" , turkey tracks, on the left is what I'm thinking is some of Swifts crew, and the top right is the map of the ridge line. You have to look very hard to see this but its there! Ive drew a rough map of what stands out in the negative of this picture, ill take a picture and post it later. Two of these X's or M's match the places I've found, like the mine opening, and the rockhouse/cave. It points these places out almost perfect!!! The other x or m I'm currently looking for. I must mention the mine opening I've found does have a chestnut burr rock above it. This map also could be Indian, letting other Indians know of where to maybe find something that was important in the area. There was alot of Indian activity around this area....to be honest there is no telling what might be hiding in the area.

These carvings are exposed to weathering, the map of the ridge could have been there before the initial carvings. Like i said before the place where this carving is located is in a very rough remote place, on privet land. The land owner does not allow people to trespass, you have to ask before you enter. The hike to this place is around 3 mile from where i start. -KI-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread