OK, I lost my mind, UFOs and Swift?

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
OK, I lost my mind, UFO's and Swift?

when you do research you may come across some strange stuff. Go to this site and page down to (image 16, metal slag). The article starts there. The photo's of Kentucky silver ore are interesting. Notice this one little part near the bottom (sacred Shawnee cavern site).

rarest alien spaceman petroglyph? on the Planet
Alien Grave Mountain Virtual Museum! The Rarest Reptoid,Reptilian .... Kentucky
Legends... John Swift Lost Silver Mine thought to be a few miles to the east ...

www.zteck.com/alien/museum.htm

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky
Re: OK, I lost my mind, UFO's and Swift?

I'm no Swift expert, but I'd have a hard time believing anything on that website. My favorite outlandish claim is the petrified alien heart.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Boomer you have not lost your mind. The guy that owns that web site lost his mind!

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Weathered Kentucky Rocks, Silver Ore, Mine Slag Tailings, Kentucky Agate and Geode's With Silver Content. Very Odd..This artifact geode millions of years old looks like it was Cut open perfectly millions of years ago, And nature Has Fused it Back Together.

Kentucky Legends...

John Swift Lost Silver Mine thought to be a few miles to the east of Burnside on the Cumberland river. This I was told by and old timer 40 years ago (Historian Charles Evans)..This is his directions: Across the Cumberland river from the Cooper power plant about a mile to the east from the Burnside city water treatment plant to the first highest cliff. The land above the cliff was owned by peg-leg Fisher the owner of a grocery store in old Burnside, his apple orchard is still growing wild on the mountain top and its like the seventh wonder of the world with huge square rock houses, large enough to build a home on top of and a breath taking view of Cumberland river far far below. The silver mine is several hundered feet from Lake Cumberland and below the cliff. The mine's geode like opening is braced up by huge rotting logs.

The mine heap contains geodes, agates, and ore tailings these assay average $20.00 USD per ton. The only way you can access the site is by boat as Cumberland River at this point it is part of Lake Cumberland (back waters from the Wolf Creek dam). Its a difficult if not impossible to climb up the steep imbankment to the mining-smelter operation and slag mound. Past history (1700's) shows that this probably was a spanish mine from the 1600's and would have been a very dangerous place with a population of 5000 cherokee indian's two miles away. The Cumberland river at Burnside was the Northern most boundries for the Cherokee nation.

sounds funny

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:o ::) Send THIS, over to the "PSYCHIC child-board"... have ENOUGH to deal with in terms of Silver Mines, etc. etc. LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! ::)

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

The mine heap contains geodes, agates, and ore tailings these assay average $20.00 USD per ton. The only way you can access the site is by boat as Cumberland River at this point it is part of Lake Cumberland (back waters from the Wolf Creek dam). Its a difficult if not impossible to climb up the steep imbankment to the mining-smelter operation and slag mound. Past history (1700's) shows that this probably was a spanish mine from the 1600's and would have been a very dangerous place with a population of 5000 cherokee indian's two miles away. The Cumberland river at Burnside was the Northern most boundries for the Cherokee nation
this being from the above website, seems to be some wild cliams there, ...but they do seem to make two good points in the above post in red.... It could very well be possable some swift clues and even a mine or too was been covered with water from people daming creeks up for water supply and flood control..also second point is.....at The location where i found a mine, i have been finding geodes, agates, and other quratz's ....... and they even scrach on the point of the furnace, in swifts case the furnace rock house where he smelted this silver ore..there would be a slag mound.........The key to finding the furnace rockhouse swift used would be finding a good size slag mound very close to this rockhouse.......Fact being the slag mound would be big, it would take alot of ore to get the amount of silver swift decribes, thus being alot of waste from the furnace...... -Ki-

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain

Ki, i saw this and i know its kind of a strange site to find a swift article. but he is doing his own type of treasure hunting. there are a few references to people and places and this needs to be researched. so far i have found 5 stories on this area. one is on spanish silver miners who were ambushed by indians and they hid there silver in a sink hole. there mine was near burnside ky. the other is a story about chief doublehead and his daughter cornblossom and it has to do with the cumberland river and burnside ky. the most cherished cave of the cherokee and shawnee was near burnside ky. in wayne county just west of burnside ky is a place called silver mine cliff that was worked by the spanish and you can find this location on a topo map site.

The Great Cherokees, The Chickamaugans
The Chickamauga Cherokees of Southern Kentucky and Northern Tennessee. From an
Historical Account by Dan Troxell. From the time since the 1st sounds of a ...

victorian.fortunecity.com/rothko/420/aniyuntikwalaski/history.html

The Murder of Tuckahoe
The Murder of Tuckahoe, brother of Cornblossom, son of Chief Doublehead ... The
location of this silver mine was a tribe secret which had never been ...

www.geocities.com/jillserenamatthews/doubleheadhistory.html

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi all,

I was all set to check that story out last year when I read that the author took a lot of liberties with the legend...Cornstalk did not have the "Indian Princess" Cornblossom daughter according to other historians...and they say the whole thing was to help sell books back then. It is often quoted and retold but is suppose to be made up. The descendant of Cornstalk was writing about it on a genelogy site. I like the story though.

Someone posted some information this past year or so about a cave that Cornstalk had cut his name into.

Did you read the story about the Bluejacket's son giving one of Cornstalk's grandson's (both were in a reservation out west) a map where there was a lot of silver coins buried? He rode a really nice horse and did locate the silver, but was murdered for it and the map as he was leaving the area...seems like its south of Sandyhook. Let me know if you want more info and I'll dig it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread