Turkey Tracks & Symbols (pics)

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008
Turkey Tracks & Symbols (pics)

Found these yesterday in an area close to RRG. The tracks point to a gap between two ridge lines about a quarter of a mile away. The /\/\ symbol appears to have a pointer indicating the same direction.

Attachments

• Turkey Tracks Nov 2009.JPG
    Turkey Tracks Nov 2009.JPG
    672.8 KB · Views: 1,987
  • Nov 2009 Symbols.JPG
    Nov 2009 Symbols.JPG
    801.9 KB · Views: 1,669

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Turkey Tracks & Symbols (pics)

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D The "M" symbol is about the TWO RIDGE LINES, with the VALLEY between them. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Carvings on same rock as above

Attachments

• Nov 09 Carvings_edited-1.jpg
    Nov 09 Carvings_edited-1.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 1,951

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Very interesting photo's :thumbsup:

I have found a few myself around the R.R.G. Remember with most cases of "turkey track" always follow the middle toe, either be pointing backwards to something, or follow to next clue.... Also a lot of hunters would make these marks to find the direction to or from where they hunt back in them days.

Great Find, and Pics..... I have also found a /\ /\/\ this tells you what area to look for .........
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Thanks for the kind words and information, Ki. I would like to know if you have ever searched in the area where I found these. Send me an email and I'll tell you where it is.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

rhoodphoto said:
Thanks for the kind words and information, Ki. I would like to know if you have ever searched in the area where I found these. Send me an email and I'll tell you where it is.

your very welcome....those are some good pics..... I would at least say ive been close to where you found those, seems like ive been everwhere in the gorge..... Ill e-mail you now

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D rhoodphoto, in the "pic", of "post #3"... you have TWO "drill holes";
"connect" the two "dots", and put a "sighting" pole in the one nearest "the valley"/gorge, and you MAY see the next "point of interest". The "pole" can also be used to determine "distance", as a "builder" can determine "height" by "measuring" a 6' tall guy, next to a "mountain". :wink:

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Thanks Rebel..........I appreciate the info and help. I'll keep you updated. This is a very interesting area in that there was a lot of Indian involvement here.

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Here is another photo of the area. Indian grain grinding "hominy holes".

Attachments

• Hominy Holes 2009.jpg
    Hominy Holes 2009.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 1,360

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

WOW :thumbsup:
another great find, looks like 4 hominy holes in one location.......I have only stumbled upon 2 holes at the most in one spot, mainly in rocksheltors.... are these close to any over hangs or rockhouses???

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

These are on a ridge line and close to numerous rock shelters.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Got a set of 4 in a place close to me on the edge of a deep hollow . They were shown to me 20 yrs ago and I no longer have access to the site to get pics .

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

With that many holes consentrated in one area, it tells me that a settlement was probally there....(Adena) "late woodland" or "early fort ancient" era... Could have been winter camp or village area...The Indians always moved with the seasons...
I'll try and dig up the photo's i have of hominy holes i found in a rockhouse, i may have to scan them, cause i was useing 35mm at the time. again great pics :thumbsup:

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

I would say based on everything I saw in this area that it was definitely a village area. You will be amazed when you see it. I also found what could be a lighthouse in the area and if I recall correctly such a lighthouse was mentioned in Swift's journals. Ki, you were "right on" with your maps you sent me - thanks. I'll email you a photo tonight if I have time.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

I'm glad those maps could help you... That's a great area your in as well :thumbsup:
That's amazing how your turkey tracks are so close to where Ive been searching these last few months, only 2-3 miles away...
Now comes the figuring out to where or what they lead too... If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask :thumbsup:

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Ki,

I will PM you a photo of the lighthouse. Tell me if you agree.

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Ki,

Did you find the JS carving in the area North of my search site? That is an amazing photo and discovery. Congratulations!

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Here is a photo of the lighthouse.

Attachments

• Lighthouse.jpg
    Lighthouse.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,253

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

That is a lighthouse, or also called window, or nettle eye.... :thumbsup:

The "JS" carving is north of your site.....

Thank you, to tell you the truth my heart almost stopped when i found the "JS" carving.... The great thing about this carving is that it's in the middle of nowhere, its about 3 miles from any home or farm, no trails, only the one in my memory. And these are the only marks on this rock....which makes these authentic. The only carving found like this so far, as i know of at the moment....
Also the mine i posted pictures of is very close by.....

OP
OP
rhoodphoto

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Ki, I've been studying the map you sent and it appears to fit the perimeter of my site. I have not searched inside the perimeter yet but need to get that done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread