If you voted before please vote again we already had 8 votes!

What Weekend for Swift Meeting of the Minds?

• May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 8

• May 15

• May 22

• May 29

• June 5

• June 12

• June 19

• Total voters
OP
OP
DMSDAK

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
I accidently deleted it (along with all my others) when I tried to delete my posts on the place Im currently working in central KY. I was afraid someone may recognize the landmarks in the pics, haha.

Seth

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
any time is fine for me. but june 26 may be a problem if we rent a boat. that weekend will be packed, need to rent one early.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
boomer said:
any time is fine for me. but june 26 may be a problem if we rent a boat. that weekend will be packed, need to rent one early.
I agree . Anyone close enough to take responsibility for reserving one if enough of us prepaid a share of the rental ? I wouldn't like to see any single individual put at financial risk but we do need one person to act as coordinator and custodian of pooled resources .
Jim

OP
OP
DMSDAK

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
Thats a good idea, we got anyone close to that area? Im about 2 hours away or I'd do it no problem. With atleast 10 people going to attend and as high as possibly 20, we'll need one maybe two boats. So lets figure up the price per person also to find out how much we need to send this treasurer.

Seth

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. We need someone to act as a treasurer for this. Someone close. Also a total for the rental expenses, to be divided up amongst those of us going on the trip. I am getting excited already!!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm excited , too . This will be my one big planned outing for the year . Farming and working on my house will consume the rest of my time unless Scott and I need to get together for a period of time .
At this point Poorhunter has committed to coming with me and sharing expenses . We will be tent camping .
Seth , if you're willing to run with this you have my vote .
Jim

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is everyone planning on camping as well? I live in Sandy Hook and plan to attend; just trying to figure out what exactly I will be doing.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Looks like everything is flexable at this point . Big issue is committing $ for Seth to make boat and other reservations in advance as needed . He's volunteered to run with the football .
Ki and I are the only ones to respond , so far .
We need to hear from others to make a plan .
Jim

OP
OP
DMSDAK

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
No Im to far away to be treasurer or I would do it. Im about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours away from there. Surely we can find someone closer.

Seth

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too live too far away for the treasurer's job, but I am ready, just let me know who to send the money to. Its going to be great to meet you guys! With this much brain power and equipment we will make some significant finds for sure. Two or three boats and several metal detectors and people knowledgeable about the area makes for a great time whether we find Swifts stuff or not.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am back - sorry for not responding (many of you will know why). Let me know how much to send and where to send the money. I am definitely in, barring anything beyond my control.

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All! 05/18/2010
I voted for the weekend of June 26th, at Grayson Lake, I will try to make it, I have much business, responsibilities, etc. going on. It will be an interesting get together, I'm sure! I know we will have fun. I will probably camp or do the tent thing, if money is required for certain expenses, etc., let me know. Post issues or particulars in the forum or email me at [email protected]. Other things I need to know... Where will we meet at...? "Grayson Lake Dam"... ... at what time approximately?...where is a good place to camp?

Tentatively,

The Swizard-aka-L37something

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't wan to put this on any one but can you also do the survey for the best time? The dam is proably going to be the best place to meet...there are restrooms and parking I think we need to be a Little more specific , since I am not very familiar with the Dam area I'll let someone else describe a place where we won't be bumping into everyone but able to find each other....if anyone has a better suggestion say so.... the more input the better.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Curtis said:
I don't wan to put this on any one but can you also do the survey for the best time? The dam is proably going to be the best place to meet...there are restrooms and parking I think we need to be a Little more specific , since I am not very familiar with the Dam area I'll let someone else describe a place where we won't be bumping into everyone but able to find each other....if anyone has a better suggestion say so.... the more input the better.
The devil is in the details . Someone close to the area needs to step up so that we know that we have a place to camp reserved , boat maybe , gathering point , and rear guard to pick up the stragglers .
I'm committed to coming if we have the plans laid in advance . Can't take off on a lark with no definite plans .
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread