The J Swift silver mine location

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
I'm wondering the same, I'm getting back out this weekend, I'm trying to reach an area that is almost imposable to reach. This will be my 3rd attempt. The mountain Laural and cliffs seem to be proving to be a challenge...Very promissing area

I still keep up with this forum, check in from time to time.... I'm still researching maps storys and so on.
How you been doing in your search Curtis?

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to get out, been teaching all summer, but will be freed up soon...going to hit it hard around the first of September. Might not be any use to plan on getting out though, Seth or you may find it before I can get out!

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
I dunno prolly gonna take me a while, between the divorce, and my 4x4 overheating, Id say Im atleast a month or two from getting where I need to go. Moneys tight right now. Im currently trying to sell my two trucks and some other things to get enough money to get a decent 4x4 to get where I need to go. But I'll give yall a holler when I get to check it out and see what its gonna take to get back inside there, Im deffinately gonna need some help.

Thanks,
Seth

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just let us know, maybe some of us can provide the 4x4 or help in some other way. I am booked with T-hunts until the middle of Sept. but if you are going after that I'm in!

Curtis

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seth,
How ya doin, I hope everything works out for ya. Count me in when you go to check out the cave, keep me/us informed of any developments about the cave. I have explored several wilderness caves over the years and have some good cave experience, ( dos and don't's). Coonhunter may be interested in going with us as well, me and him checked a cave near his land on Caney Creek. Whats the cave like, can we get into it easily or will we have to repel down into it, can you describe the entrance? Has anyone been into it yet?, how large does it seem to be? Give us some info on it, so we can make a plan to prepare what we may need to get into it and explore it.

Swiz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions