CAMPERS - (Johnathan Swift Tnet Campout, Oct. 9-10)

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All! 09/24/2010
Just wanted to let everyone know! For those of us who will be camping on Friday Oct. 8th, at the "Johnathan Swift Tnet Campout" event, we will all be meeting at the parking lot/rest area just off the Mountain Parkway, at the Slade/Natural Bridge Exit No.#33, on the south-side of the highway. We will meet from 10:00 A. M. to 1:00 P.M., don't be late or you may miss everybody. . Directions/map will be available at parking lot if you are late.
After everyone shows up we will proceed to campsite. A "Park Pass" is required to camp in the national forest, 1-day pass/$3.00, or a two-day pass/$5.00. Campsites are close to parking lot so they will be easily accessible for all to setup and camp. If you have any questions, etc., post a thread or email me at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Swizard....Bill N

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Below is a topo of our camp area on Tunnel Ridge Rd.
Nevermind the box on the right side of the topo....

Once there we will set up camp and then for the ones who wish we can get together and plan a hike, to either a nice cave that's close or Rock Bridge. We can decide at the event.

Gorge Maps will be available, and dont forget to bring your tent........

The purpose of this map is to get everyone familiar with the camping area and directions, you can save, copy or print this map...
Hope to see everyone there, and a Big Thanks to The Swizz for helping.... -Ki-

Attachments

• CAMP AREA.jpg
    CAMP AREA.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 336

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
K guys its about that Time, id like to get an update on who all is coming both Friday and Saturday- 8th &9th... I need to get an idea of how much food to prepare. Its hotdogs, burgers, and softdrink if anyone was wondering. Ive been really busy with work, I'll try and get another update soon. thanks

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
I'll be there Friday and Saturday....I reckon a friend of mine whos big into wilderness living and survival will be coming as well.

Seth- aka DMSDak
Steven- friend

Tau44

Nov 10, 2009
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Xterra 705
New! Caves in the Red River Gorge are closed to visitors
All caves on the Daniel Boone National Forest are closed. This closure applies to subterranean caves and abandoned mines. Cliff faces and rock overhangs will remain open unless otherwise posted as closed. This closure is part of an effort slow the spread of white-nosed syndrome that has been attributed to the death of an alarming number of bats. The closure is expected to last for at least one year. Violators may be fined.

I found this on the Red River Gorge website. What is white nose bat syndrome?

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
white noise bat syndrome is a fugis that effects the bats sleep, in the winter months here there is no bugs for them to eat, which they starve to death. its safe to humans.
I learned that all caves where closed last week, which is a big bummer... but there are caves they are unaware of out there.

vamelungeon

Jul 13, 2009
Wise, VA
Caves are being closed because it appears the disease is helped to spread by humans exploring caves and carrying it from one cave to another.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Big bummer about the caves being closed, but we can always find good hiking trails in the area. I'll have a few options we can choose from after we set up camp.

Seth-
Its great to hear that you can make it down, your friend who is coming is also welcome. Be great getting to meet everyone.

Matt-
The parking passes can be bought at any store in the Natural Bridge area, 3$ for one night, 5$ for two nights. Some may be able to car pool as well, we'll see once everyone meets at the rest area.
looking forward to meeting you guys.... -Ki-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread