OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
yes, but the best kind. research and time will reveal all.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that one looks like a significant find! Love the hand in there...seen some spanish stuff out in Utah that looks similar...also in books I have by Steve Schafer(world renowned Spanish sign guy I met two years sgo). You are the most finding person that posts here! It take the boots on the ground or "walk in the woods" to do it.

Do you think this one could be some of the signs those guys from Jelico found several years ago(newspaper or magazine article written by a woman named moreland or someting like that) --the ones that claimed to have found the swift mines in the Canney area? ( I have tried everyway to contact them..think some of them are deceased)

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
curtis, i tried to pm you. i have four hand maps. i think its time to follow the lime stone road.

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
curtis, i tried to pm you. i have four hand maps. the group from jelico were way off. they searched with a 21st century mind. they should have walked in there shoes.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boomer,

Got the Pms and replied...I agree with you...have to have amore "older" reference for time in looking for these things...that ishow I found the chief's silver mines..not thinking in the box...looking forwardto the adventure in oct.

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to me that the picture (above) looks like the Little Sandy/Grayson Lake river course at certain points - all the winding/curvy lines around the hand. Was this particular hand located in the vicinity of the modern Grayson Lake or a little farther up the Little Sandy towards Caney? Would love to see some more pics..

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what I thought. It matches some old maps that I have of the Little Sandy pre-Lake era.. One map in particular shows the Falls of the Little Sandy and some other interesting things that seem to match up with some of these carvings you have found. Have you gotten any of the PM's that I have been sending you Boomer? Still not sure that my messages are going through.. Let me know..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread