Carvings Miles Apart part 2

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
When Mike Steely put this up something clicked. those of you near lee county should check this out. the 2 carvings one at henry bowlin gap and the other at big sinking creek lee county. the lower devils creek map and the 2 carvings were done by the same group. the map was never of lower devils creek, but of beattyville ky. and sinking creek. i have 3 other carvings that i felt was arrow heads, but now i know were bird beaks pointing the way.
From bolin gap north to the rockcastle river. follow river upstream to indian fork, go up fork to mckee ky. this was a buffalo cross roads. go east to war fork. then north to kentucky river. cut across to big sinking creek, up to cave fork. cave fork is the key to all this. if you read insert on carving, it says turkey tracks. i wonder if the turkey tracks or other carvings on that rock point to other important areas?? below the 2 carvings are the same. note the deeper lines cut in some parts. the right side is the main trail or big sinking creek. the deep circles are 2 high points on ridges to the northeast. note the
gray lines i put in, zooming in i saw cut lines on the neck. 2 drains facing each other. right side of body, a drain flowing into big sinking. lower part of neck, seems to show big sinking going up and stopping near the chiseled out area. the left rear leg is deep cut, so is the right rear. not sure why? numbers 4 and 5, 4 looks 2 be a square area. 5 is a ridge shaped like an arrow head. on topo map it shows 2 side by side as on the carving. below, look at the small secton of lower devils creek map and the topo map, it shows the same area, cave fork and the bird beck is the same place. the open area. there is a high dome knob next to the open area that is called hay stack rock. on the carving left side of the head its also deep cut. go to the head waters of big sinking creek and there are 3 forks that come together forming a turkey track has on the lower devils creek map and its outlined meaning vary importent. ahh if my foot was healed. check out that rock with all the carvings. there has to be more.

Attachments

• Big Sinking cave fork.jpg
    Big Sinking cave fork.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 854
  • Cave fork Turtle Head 1.jpg
    Cave fork Turtle Head 1.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 667
  • Cave fork Turtle Head 2.jpg
    Cave fork Turtle Head 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 457
  • hay stack rock lee county.jpg
    hay stack rock lee county.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 449
  • Turkey Foot 2.jpg
    Turkey Foot 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,719

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
When Mike Steely put this up something clicked. those of you near lee county should check this out. the 2 carvings one at henry bowlin gap and the other at big sinking creek lee county. the lower devils creek map and the 2 carvings were done by the same group. the map was never of lower devils creek, but of beattyville ky. and sinking creek. i have 3 other carvings that i felt was arrow heads, but now i know were bird beaks pointing the way.
From bolin gap north to the rockcastle river. follow river upstream to indian fork, go up fork to mckee ky. this was a buffalo cross roads. go east to war fork. then north to kentucky river. cut across to big sinking creek, up to cave fork. cave fork is the key to all this. if you read insert on carving, it says turkey tracks. i wonder if the turkey tracks or other carvings on that rock point to other important areas?? below the 2 carvings are the same. note the deeper lines cut in some parts. the right side is the main trail or big sinking creek. the deep circles are 2 high points on ridges to the northeast. note the
gray lines i put in, zooming in i saw cut lines on the neck. 2 drains facing each other. right side of body, a drain flowing into big sinking. lower part of neck, seems to show big sinking going up and stopping near the chiseled out area. the left rear leg is deep cut, so is the right rear. not sure why? numbers 4 and 5, 4 looks 2 be a square area. 5 is a ridge shaped like an arrow head. on topo map it shows 2 side by side as on the carving. below, look at the small secton of lower devils creek map and the topo map, it shows the same area, cave fork and the bird beck is the same place. the open area. there is a high dome knob next to the open area that is called hay stack rock. on the carving left side of the head its also deep cut. go to the head waters of big sinking creek and there are 3 forks that come together forming a turkey track has on the lower devils creek map and its outlined meaning vary importent. ahh if my foot was healed. check out that rock with all the carvings. there has to be more.

You have a "Turkey Foot", middle toe cut off = "treasure" has already been found...

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm that toe being cut off could mean its been found but why leave anything if they found it would they care if someone else was looking? you could be on to something though got my interest up...who owns the land around it i can see it's part of the N Forest but a lot of access points have land owners to deal with any ideas? I'm pretty good when I'm on the right track, I'd be open to helping someone search for it if i were asked as long as we can obey the laws and you don't tell me i have a pretty mouth LOL that part truely mean too hehe

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
hmm that toe being cut off could mean its been found but why leave anything if they found it would they care if someone else was looking? you could be on to something though got my interest up...who owns the land around it i can see it's part of the N Forest but a lot of access points have land owners to deal with any ideas? I'm pretty good when I'm on the right track, I'd be open to helping someone search for it if i were asked as long as we can obey the laws and you don't tell me i have a pretty mouth LOL that part truely mean too hehe

OK to look; GREAT exercise...

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
turkey tracks

the large track vary neat, like the bird carving. one has secton cut out like an open area at the forks. on one the lower toe is off set. the large track, notice the raised area of rock on upper side, like a ridge runs along beside the deeper cut. 9 toes maybe varies or drains. the H, i saw the same in jackson county. center top of photo, the deep cut. is there more around it. i'll work on it.

bearduke

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013
the large track vary neat, like the bird carving. one has secton cut out like an open area at the forks. on one the lower toe is off set. the large track, notice the raised area of rock on upper side, like a ridge runs along beside the deeper cut. 9 toes maybe varies or drains. the H, i saw the same in jackson county. center top of photo, the deep cut. is there more around it. i'll work on it.

The back leg of the turkey track points towards the mine! Hope this helps, can you share where this picture was taken?

Thank,

Swifty novice.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Turkey Tracks: follow where MIDDLE Toe "points" (for another "deposit" or mine); BACK of Turkey Foot points to mine you came from... IF MIDDLE TOE is cut off (at half point, "treasure" is ALREADY found. I have one "found" in Bedford County, VIRGINA; COULD be a road, also... Turkey Foot Road in Bedford County is an example; ONE toe is THOMAS JEFFERSON HIGHWAY. US Post Office was there in by-gone years; NOT there, now. HA!

IJ87

Greenie
Jan 11, 2015
beattyville ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2015-01-14-20-45-37 (2).png
Here is a more recent pic i took of the turtle petroglyph that is on the same rock with the turkey track petroglyphs,,,,,,,some people do not know that the turtle petroglyph is about 5 ft away from the turkey track ,,,,,,most of the time the turtle is covered with moss and is hard to find certain times of the year

Dr Strange

Dec 11, 2016
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it has been found ONCE! But the guy who found it many years ago is dead and never retrieve a single item. I'm on the verge of getting to the bottom of this one. Will be exploring very soon. I know exactly what this leads to. If the legend is true its well worth exploring! What else have you guys found out about this..? Be interested in hearing about any new updates. I have the technology, mind set, physical ability and money to help find what it is we all seek! GOT TO BE CLOSE! VERY ! :treasurechest: :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are there two letter "H" I saw the same on a large rock on the Kanawha River in WVa. where they hid a horse load of silver. The letter "H" at least the two I saw were cut about two inches deep and I thought they stood for one of Swift's partners Henry Hewitt? Love what you are doing Boomer. I have always felt the treasure or mines were around Beattysville. I believe that was Jenny's real name not sure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread