Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Known geology that produces silver and gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #46
    us
    Oct 2018
    Paintsville,Ky.
    39
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well it ha been 2 days for the metal in the egg, No discoloration at all the shine seems as bright as when it was put in the egg.
    KY Hiker and Rebel - KGC like this.

  2. #47
    us
    I Like to Hike

    Oct 2014
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    Whites Prizm III
    481
    871 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Post a picture of it, I'm curious!
    PirateLabs and Rebel - KGC like this.

  3. #48
    us
    Feb 2017
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    200
    300 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    Well it ha been 2 days for the metal in the egg, No discoloration at all the shine seems as bright as when it was put in the egg.
    Did you break the yoke and mix it around some? I am no chemist and I have no idea where the chemical in the egg is...yolk or white part but to make sure, I would mix it all around sort of like a scrambled egg so it is exposed to everything in the egg. Maybe you did this so, if that is the case just ignore this.

    Bill
    KY Hiker, Rebel - KGC and Ken S. like this.
    Detectorist

  4. #49
    Charter Member
    us
    rooster

    Nov 2013
    s.w. Ohio
    2 whites 1 garett
    79
    150 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    concerning white soft metal only metal i can think of you can cut with a knife is indium it meltes at around 320 farenheit so it has to be alloyed with something else if thats what it is it sells for about $ 3.50 an ounce never seen any and do not know how to test it would have to look this one up . hope this helps !
    Rebel - KGC, Ken S. and KY Hiker like this.

  5. #50
    us
    Oct 2018
    Paintsville,Ky.
    39
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by rgb1 View Post
    concerning white soft metal only metal i can think of you can cut with a knife is indium it meltes at around 320 farenheit so it has to be alloyed with something else if thats what it is it sells for about $ 3.50 an ounce never seen any and do not know how to test it would have to look this one up . hope this helps !
    I'm thinking of checking with the jewelry store and see if they can tell me anything. Figure they can test for silver and maybe other metals, who knows
    Rebel - KGC, rgb1 and KY Hiker like this.

  6. #51
    us
    I Like to Hike

    Oct 2014
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    Whites Prizm III
    481
    871 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    I'm thinking of checking with the jewelry store and see if they can tell me anything. Figure they can test for silver and maybe other metals, who knows
    Swing by the geology dept at UK or EKU they could help you, a jewelry store is probably not up to snuff on natural deposits. Do not tell them where you found it though!
    PirateLabs and rgb1 like this.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Two days produces silver and gold
    By DW Dirt Whisperer in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2016, 05:02 PM
  2. My last hunt of the year produces Silver & Gold
    By Buried Crap NJ in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Florida Vacation Produces Gold And Silver!
    By Digger62918 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Nov 30, 2010, 10:41 AM
  4. 9th trip to silver park produces gold again
    By V3 SNIPER in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 06, 2007, 06:33 PM
  5. 7th trip to silver park produces gold
    By V3 SNIPER in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 07, 2007, 10:09 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0