KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a hoax if they can't site where they got their info from. The topography is similar to what is in the journal, problem is there is no mention of crossing the Ohio after they split up at the forks of the Sandy River. Ohio isn't exactly Southwest or West from the Louisa, KY area either? I won't totally poo-poo the possibility, but I find it far fetched. I don't know of any collapsed caves or openings there, although it has been over 20 years since I visited the park and I don't remember. You sure they weren't leading you off the scent at Caney Creek? Same could be said for Clifty Creek S.P. in Indiana? And there are no arches there either...now if the journal is a complete hoax from the get go... any hunch is as good as another. Show me a hole in a mountain this side of the Mississippi River and pull some silver from it...then we are talkin'.

I still think it is most likely with lead, but I am not a geologist. I heard recently that KY has some Platinum tubes in South Central area of the state, they are deep and not worked from what I was told from a U.K. employee.

Last edited:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really wonder what will be said when i authencate things in my book when you see what i have found i believe most of this bs will stop most will not believe thats part of why i want you three to visit

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really wonder what will be said when i authencate things in my book when you see what i have found i believe most of this bs will stop most will not believe thats part of why i want you three to visit

I have been blessed a few years ago, to come to the realization that in this day and age it is almost impossible to 'convince' people of just about anything anymore. Whether it be on a legal point view, political point of view, moral point of view or otherwise. It seems in this 'modern society' where right and wrong has no definition each person carries their own truth until reality, like a brick, hits them on the head. I just present my point of view, when asked, and let them come to their own conclusions without any argument or hard feelings. Just as in Rudyard Kipling's poem 'The gods of the copybook headings' the reality will always come back in full circle to set straight those who think they can ignore nature's law and nature's God.
I imagine their will be an array of thoughts and words in response to your findings. With this being a legend, there is a good bit of 'belief' in each persons convictions on the legend, especially since there are so few facts, and some 30+ journals. People with strong beliefs will never be convinced even when presented with facts to the contrary.
I.M.H.O. the legend is based in some fact(s), the Prather book discusses many of them but then leads the reader off to a dead end so they can come to their own conclusions. Maybe like the old show Dragnet, you should write the book in a style of "just the facts" ?

Last edited:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats exactly .what im trying to do as i try to document every thing as i have found it to be .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny what comes up when you tell people you are treasure hunting with a straight face. this "lead" was too far fetched for me but hay I like to share any info generated by anyone if it has a good ring to it. This one was probably derived from a case I found looking doe leads on this story, the Indians were robbing and hiding stuff in a cave near the falls, the cave is far up a rock face and they had to chop a tree and fell it to get there...a fire burnt the ladder and they didn't go back....another "supposed" tale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions