KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is Swift's Father in law? Has Swift been pinpointed to a specific individual, that we can make a family tree for?

Sorry Brushy, I post so frequently on here I sometimes assume everyone reads every post in every thread.
Robert Prather's book and research on Swift revealed General Daniel Roberdeau as Swift's father in law. The book is worth the read just for the research, land ownership records in KY and family tree information. This Jonathan Swift was from Alexandria, VA and owned large tracts of land in early KY...the only real mismatch to the legend is the years or timeline. Prather's J. Swift could not have possibly done what was in the journals in the 1760s (more than likely was 1780s). I don't agree with the last third of the book and his theory but the research is impressive. I'll let you delve into it yourself, hate to spoil it for anyone with genuine interest in the subject. If you buy the book, get the third edition. Of coarse this is not definitive as THE Jonathan Swift, but since there is no other Swift of that time associated with Alexandria, VA and Eastern KY...one can only deduce this to be the same one the legend is based upon. Personally, until someone can find documented evidence of another Swift of the time with the same ties, I am going on the assumption this is the guy we are all interested in.
Links below.

Lead Mine https://allthingsliberty.com/2018/0...-roberdeaus-quest-lead-pennsylvania-frontier/
Father In Law general info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Roberdeau
Roberdeau Family genealogy https://archive.org/details/genealogyroberd00buchgoog/page/n150/mode/2up?q=Swift
More... https://archive.org/details/genealogyroberd00buchgoog/page/n108/mode/2up?q=jonathan+++Swift
And More... https://archive.org/details/genealogyroberd00buchgoog/page/n136/mode/2up?q=Swift
.... https://archive.org/details/genealogyroberd00buchgoog/page/n110/mode/2up?q=jonathan+++Swift
.... https://archive.org/details/genealogyroberd00buchgoog/page/n134/mode/2up?q=jonathan+++Swift
review of Prather's book https://www.fkgoldstandard.com/content/long-john-silver-treasure-based-kentucky-history
Book https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Jonathan-Silver-Third-Swifts-discovered/dp/0979880211

Prather's presentation on some of his research in East Kentucky:

Thread link to original topic and video link:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...esentation-about-swift-given-prestonburg.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nonbeliver

FRANKLIN not doubting your story however when the old man says you could get pickup loads of arrowheads that kills all credability for me of what he says

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not if that is where the Mecca Indians lived. I saw all kinds of Indian Artifacts found by others by just walking around on film. He told them they could keep whatever they found. Some of those items sell for upwards of $8000. So I believe the old man. I do know the Welsh have been in the area also and they were always after silver and other minerals. But it does not bother you can believe what you want. I believe it enough if I could I will purchase the property.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around 6th Century AD.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Around 6th Century AD.
Is the information of the Welsh being "in the area" around the 500's come from those King Arthur books by Alan Wilson and Baram Blacknett?
Then there is the legend of Welsh Prince Madoc/Madog who made a voyage to America in 1170AD.
This legend was popularized during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, who claimed North America for England.
There is NO accepted legitimate archaeological evidence that supports either of these alternative theories.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the information of the Welsh being "in the area" around the 500's come from those King Arthur books by Alan Wilson and Baram Blacknett?
Then there is the legend of Welsh Prince Madoc/Madog who made a voyage to America in 1170AD.
This legend was popularized during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, who claimed North America for England.
There is NO accepted legitimate archaeological evidence that supports either of these alternative theories.

No those historians had the wrong date. Madoc/Madog Matthew did not make a voyage to America in 1170AD. The voyage was made by King Arthur's brother Madoc in 562AD, another voyage in 572AD and another in 574AD in which 700 ships and over 70,000 Welsh came to this continent (Other World) with King Arthur and his mighty army.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What type of ships did the Welsh have in 572-574AD that could cross the Atlantic with miners and then transport ore back to Wales?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No those historians had the wrong date. Madoc/Madog Matthew did not make a voyage to America in 1170AD. The voyage was made by King Arthur's brother Madoc in 562AD, another voyage in 572AD and another in 574AD in which 700 ships and over 70,000 Welsh came to this continent (Other World) with King Arthur and his mighty army.

Here we go again with more fiction.....everyone knows they used franklin's space/time warp tunnel and made the trip via a Mars waypoint....

Continuing this nonsense discredits the work of actual researchers and legitimate treasure hunters...

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please read the threads and researchers before making up your mind. Much can be determined about your point of view from
"There is NO accepted legitimate archaeological evidence that supports either of these alternative theories. "

Firstly, there is no accepted geological evidence of silver in paying quantities in KY, yet over two centuries there are several documented cases of people making their own coin of purer silver in KY than what the Federal mint was making at that time. Documented, in that, they were charged with counterfeiting until their coin was tested. Before poo pooing an idea do your own research.

Secondly, if your looking for archaeological evidence when your searching for treasure your most likely on the wrong web site IMHO.

To answer your question though, yes it is Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett who have put forth the theory of the comet and the migration of Welsh in the mid 500s AD. But what supports there theory here in the USA is some physical evidence of stone carvings found in various places of old Welsh. Armor found near Louisville in the 1800s may have been identified as Welsh or Viking as well. The similarities in the stone mounds and how they are constructed found over here vs those in Wales need further study before simply being dismissed as 'not accepted legitimate ' blah blah blah.
Open your mind and just gather your own evidence, THEN make your own conclusion...not the other way around. There are many pieces of the puzzle of this continents history that just don't fit the 'accepted' timeline and events taught in school. Instead of throwing those pieces out, look for ways to make them fit. Pioneer stories of finding in their words 'ancient' furnaces on creeks don't fit the accepted historical timeline. It has been an accepted concept that native americans could not smelt metals because they didnt have the knowledge or skills to do so... so who built those furnaces that were 'ancient' in the 1780s? French? Spanish? Vikings? Welsh? ...older? hmm Romans? Greeks? The evidence so far collected points to the Welsh.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...To answer your question though, yes it is Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett who have put forth the theory of the comet and the migration of Welsh in the mid 500s AD...
Please expound on the ships that the Welsh had in the 500's AD that could make a voyage across the Atlantic.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again with more fiction.....everyone knows they used franklin's space/time warp tunnel and made the trip via a Mars waypoint....

Continuing this nonsense discredits the work of actual researchers and legitimate treasure hunters...

The only nonsense I see is what you have posted.
Sometimes it is just better to ignore something you disagree with than to comment upon it.
I will take my own advice...after this post.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please expound on the ships that the Welsh had in the 500's AD that could make a voyage across the Atlantic.

Do your own research, make your own conclusions. Please don't use this forum as a punching bag to someone else's ideas.
As a jumping off point, ask these questions and find your own answers...
Where did all the tin come from needed during the bronze age.
And the copper?
How did they get there?
When was the bronze age?
Have you ever heard of Isle Royal?
How did Leaf Erikson cross and when did that happen?
Now using reason and deduction do more research into stone carvings found in KY... this will turn you into the direction to find some of the answers you seek.

http://thunting.com/smf/myths_legen...d_in_wales_confirms_comet_strike-t9147.0.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1354622/Comet-caused-Dark-Ages-says-tree-ring-expert.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Comet of 562AD

Yet another fictional history website......right up there with material produced by muir/amunsdenlwolter/lagina/etc. and the other typical fiction promoters.....

Another article on the same website states original viruses and germs were created by pharmaceutical companies....The developer of this site should sign up with the laginas and write fictional material for their show......the writer fits the bobby dazzler profile....

Imagine the scientists they had in the Middle Ages doing dna engineering to create the Black Plague, small pox, etc.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only nonsense I see is what you have posted.
Sometimes it is just better to ignore something you disagree with than to comment upon it.
I will take my own advice...after this post.

Probably a good idea after posting the comet link.....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...To answer your question though, yes it is Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett who have put forth the theory of the comet and the migration of Welsh in the mid 500s AD...
What Ships do these quasi-historians Wilson & Blacknett claim the Welsh had that could cross the Atlantic in the 6th century AD?
Mentioning the "over two centuries of documented cases of people of making their own coin of purer silver in KY" is totally irrelevant to the discussion of the Welsh sailing to North America to mine silver in Kentucky.
Pioneer stories "in their own words 'ancient furnaces' on creeks", are just that, "stories" without the provided names of these "pioneers" and the where and when these statements were made.
What "evidence so far collected points to the Welsh"- who and what established professional historian and/or academic organization made that pronouncement?
You, my friend, like another TN member post statements as fact, but seem to never follow through with actual documented hard support evidence beyond the works of alternative pulp pseudo history self published books by quasi historians for profit.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS: There you go yet again with empirical facts....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As a jumping off point, ask these questions and find your own answers...
Where did all the tin come from needed during the bronze age.
And the copper?
How did they get there?
When was the bronze age?
Have you ever heard of Isle Royal?
How did Leaf Erikson cross and when did that happen?...
The BRONZE AGE was between 2400-800BCE, a good 700 years before the 6th century that is being discussed.
Tin was mined during the Bronze Age and after in Devin and Cornwall, England, Brittany in France, Iberian Peninsula, and Germany.
Copper was mined in NW England, Ross Island, Ireland, and the largest copper mine was THE GREAT ORME in Wales, as well as copper mines in Europe.
Once again, Leif Ericson's voyages have NO bearing on this discussion due to the simple fact they occurred about 500 years after the 500's being discussed, as well as the prehistoric copper mining activities on Isle ROYALE, Michigan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions