Old Plantation

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Everyone,
After gustov and Ike we are finally back full swing around here. I got permission today to hunt on an old plantation near the mississippi. There are still the front porch post standing tho from what I gather the place burned down in the early 1800s. Looks like all original ground on the site. What do you think I may find? Any thoughts? ???

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Hey Shane,
Glad to hear every things getting back to normal. If that plantation is around town or maybe north of town, there's probably a lot of civil war, and earlier, artifacts. Either way, I say your gonna find a lot of good times around that place. Enjoy and be careful :thumbsup:

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
shanegalang said:
Hi Everyone,
After gustov and Ike we are finally back full swing around here. I got permission today to hunt on an old plantation near the mississippi. There are still the front porch post standing tho from what I gather the place burned down in the early 1800s. Looks like all original ground on the site. What do you think I may find? Any thoughts? ???

You could have invited your brother to help. :(

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
I found the most & best stuff hunting near one of the caretaker houses, by the rear door. Have fun! I wish my friend who lives on the grounds of a plantation built in the early 1800's would call me! He says he found slave chains so I know I'll get something. Ring phone, ring!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Ricky........i posted this and luck would have it I was unable to get out to that site yet. I have also got some good info. on another plantation site in Port Allen that I need to hit one day. I need help, wish someone would go out hunting with me!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I should have some free time in about three weeks. Have plenty of detecting equipment, and really enjoy hunting. My hunting partner is Tensas, so if you want to do a joint hunt, let us know.

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
shanegalang said:
Hey Ricky........i posted this and luck would have it I was unable to get out to that site yet. I have also got some good info. on another plantation site in Port Allen that I need to hit one day. I need help, wish someone would go out hunting with me!

Shane,

Sorry I haven't responded to this yet, I just saw it tonight. But I'd love to go. I haven't had a chance to get out much here lately, the wifey has become a slave driver since the storm. Cut up those tree's, replace that roof, replace those broken windows, replace,repair,replace, DAMN.....I'm ready to stand up and tell her I'm tired of all the work and that I'm going dirt fishin, but I think about the last time that I did that, and I sit right back down.

When ever your ready to go, send me a PM or give me a call. I'll send you a message with my phone number in a little bit.

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Shane, I think you will have lots of fun doing old plantations. As someone mentioned, keep tuned in for civil war relics. The coins you find will be older than the ones in the BREC parks. I am very envious of your good fortune. Ron.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know when you plan to do this and give me a holler. I might be able to swing with ya.

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread