Shreveport parks

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the Shreveport area parks all the time and I have never gotten in trouble over it...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I hunt the Shreveport area parks all the time and I have never gotten in trouble over it...

ahhh, so you use the "actual reality" rule in answering the question , eh ? That is: if anyone and everyone can detect w/o issue, and no one's ever heard so much as "boo" before, then .... logically, it must be ok, right ?

In the same way that if you came upon a pond in the park, and saw multiple folks with radio controlled toy boats, you wouldn't wonder "gee is this legal?" That wouldn't even cross your mind.

This "reality test" is the best answer for the question IMHO. As opposed to taking the "pressing question" to desk-bound pencil pushers. Who ...in turn pass it up the chain of command. Lo & behold, someone says it "might harm the earthworms" and tells you "no".

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahhh, so you use the "actual reality" rule in answering the question , eh ? That is: if anyone and everyone can detect w/o issue, and no one's ever heard so much as "boo" before, then .... logically, it must be ok, right ?

In the same way that if you came upon a pond in the park, and saw multiple folks with radio controlled toy boats, you wouldn't wonder "gee is this legal?" That wouldn't even cross your mind.

This "reality test" is the best answer for the question IMHO. As opposed to taking the "pressing question" to desk-bound pencil pushers. Who ...in turn pass it up the chain of command. Lo & behold, someone says it "might harm the earthworms" and tells you "no".

Well actually I have read through the ordinances / laws governing the parks around here and there is not one mention of detecting....so for now until told otherwise I will explore the parks in the Shreveport area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions