Getting Started

Sarge509

Aug 11, 2008
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Looking for one...
I'll be getting started again soon. I used to hunt a lot in South Carolina when I was a child and then when I was a Citadel Cadet. Afterwards I get stationed in Germany and got to hunt there until my puppy chewed my Tesoro up (no warranty). Never found anything extremely interesting, but my list includes very old Iron tools and parts from the village I used to live in that was totally destroyed by the Huns in 450 (est) AD until 1963 when it was rebuilt.

Now I'm stationed in Fort Polk now and will be getting another detector, can anyone point me in the right direction for possible spots to find anything in CENLA - coins, various old trinkets, gold specks, treasure rumors, etc.

Thanks!

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Ft Polk area! Nice and cool isn't it! lot of people trained there before going to Nam so they could tell what Hell was like with the heat and humidity! Lol!!

I don't know of any places around you myself but there's always schools to practice on until your eyeballs find a likely spot. There is always rumors of treasure and stuff in any area but I don't know of anything specific. Hopefully someone from your area can help somewhat. Other that that, welcome to Louisiana!!!

Steve

http://www.toledo-bend.com/sabinepar/history/index.asp?request=florien

You've probably seen this link before but I placed it in here anyway. Should be enough there to ask questions. Locals might could point you in a good direction with this info.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Had boot and advance infantry training there in 70. Ohio boy lost his personalzed cigarette lighter on the obstacle course on the South Post while in boot camp. later on in advance infantry in North Post, he found it while crawling through the mud on the confidence course. It was night time and he saw the refection as the explosives were going off around him. Just think of the odds of that.

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Sarge509 said:
I'll be getting started again soon. I used to hunt a lot in South Carolina when I was a child and then when I was a Citadel Cadet. Afterwards I get stationed in Germany and got to hunt there until my puppy chewed my Tesoro up (no warranty). Never found anything extremely interesting, but my list includes very old Iron tools and parts from the village I used to live in that was totally destroyed by the Huns in 450 (est) AD until 1963 when it was rebuilt.

Now I'm stationed in Fort Polk now and will be getting another detector, can anyone point me in the right direction for possible spots to find anything in CENLA - coins, various old trinkets, gold specks, treasure rumors, etc.

Thanks!

Live here in Deridder, about 12 miles south of you. send me a PM and we'll set something up. I have a few good spots in the area and a few more I'd try out with partner.

Troy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread