New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet, welcome to mag fishing, I spent a lot of time on the shore there around asbury. Tell us about which magnets you have and being u are going to use them in salt water, get you a bottle of good liquid car wax and soak them down and wipe off the film and you should be ready to go.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere near St Paul minnesota there is a bridge over a river where my Uncle tossed a safe that he could not open from a jewelry store that he knocked off. Have magnet will travel.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere near St Paul minnesota there is a bridge over a river where my Uncle tossed a safe that he could not open from a jewelry store that he knocked off. Have magnet will travel.

If you are going to maybe take on this task, you had better be very young, because bridges in St Paul is almost like cows in Texas. You are going to be there a while :laughing9:

OP
OP
jettydog

jettydog

Sep 7, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet, welcome to mag fishing, I spent a lot of time on the shore there around asbury. Tell us about which magnets you have and being u are going to use them in salt water, get you a bottle of good liquid car wax and soak them down and wipe off the film and you should be ready to go.

Thanks for the welcome bw, I picked up two neodymium magnets a 255 and a 350. I had my first outing yesterday and I had a blast. Caught a lot of stuff, mostly all
junk but man it was fun. Once I have a bit more experience I will get a 550 also. I don't know if you have been to Asbury Park recently but it is changing quite a bit.
The boardwalk is great these days and lots much of the town is coming back in a big way. I live on the shore and and I pretty much know it all. LOL
Thanks for the tip about the car wax I like it. Do you wax the magnet also?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to maybe take on this task, you had better be very young, because bridges in St Paul is almost like cows in Texas. You are going to be there a while :laughing9:
My uncle Phil was the king of the Rouges. He was born in trouble. In the 50's he didn't have the money to pay his taxes to the IRS so he wrote deceased on them and went off the grid for the rest of his life. He was incredibly smart and artistic so he did odd jobs and made art to sell at swap meets. He managed to buy a house and pay it off (in his lifelong girlfriends name) If he hadn't of died 35 years ago from lung cancer (Smoked 3 packs of Holidays every day) I would have had him narrow it down a little. My cousin that helped him dump it was very young when it happened and he does not remember anything but helping him dump a safe off a bridge. Happy hunting, there can't be more than 1,000,000 bridges in Minnesota.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome bw, I picked up two neodymium magnets a 255 and a 350. I had my first outing yesterday and I had a blast. Caught a lot of stuff, mostly all
junk but man it was fun. Once I have a bit more experience I will get a 550 also. I don't know if you have been to Asbury Park recently but it is changing quite a bit.
The boardwalk is great these days and lots much of the town is coming back in a big way. I live on the shore and and I pretty much know it all. LOL
Thanks for the tip about the car wax I like it. Do you wax the magnet also?

My main spot was Long Branch to Sandy Hook (blues and stripers) Yes wax the whole thing and make sure you wash it in fresh water once the hunt is over.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle Phil was the king of the Rouges. He was born in trouble. In the 50's he didn't have the money to pay his taxes to the IRS so he wrote deceased on them and went off the grid for the rest of his life. He was incredibly smart and artistic so he did odd jobs and made art to sell at swap meets. He managed to buy a house and pay it off (in his lifelong girlfriends name) If he hadn't of died 35 years ago from lung cancer (Smoked 3 packs of Holidays every day) I would have had him narrow it down a little. My cousin that helped him dump it was very young when it happened and he does not remember anything but helping him dump a safe off a bridge. Happy hunting, there can't be more than 1,000,000 bridges in Minnesota.

Your bridge count is close and you did not mention that most of them are over very deep water. you will need a long rope.

OP
OP
jettydog

jettydog

Sep 7, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out again today for around 4 hours.
I found all kinds of stuff, nothing valuable but lots of the usual things like nails, screws, bolts, a knife blade, a few lures, sinkers, bottle caps etc...
I did find one object that I cant identify, it is so encrusted that I need to figure out how to clean it. It is round, about 2 inches in diameter and seems to be a soft
metal of some kind, it almost looks like a small wheel but it isn't for sure.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here it has been in the high 90s day and high 70s night so I have stayed in the shade. Next week we have a change to 70's day 50s night so I will once again be pitching the mag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread