New to Magnet Fishing lessons learned

mineshaft

Greenie
Apr 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first attempt at magnet fishing went great, found some trash, some hooks, some pliers, bait knife, nothing special

My second attempt magnet fishing felt like a blooper reel. I took my 3 year old to a little neighborhood fishing pier and after thoroughly scaring all the fish away I decided to bust out the magnet and see what I could find. Pulled up an old sharpshooter shovel, some trash, then i pulled up a little zebco 404 spincast reel! I thought that was pretty cool and handed it to my son, who promptly shot-putted it back out in the lake! After I stopped laughing, I decided to try and catch it back. Promptly hucked my magnet out farther than my cord and realized too late that I wasn't standing on the end. Luckily it's a shallow pond the webbing I use has some buoyancy, so it floated long enough for me to grab the snoopy pole, cast past the webbing, snag it and get it to hand, so no lost magnet! Gave it another dozen or so throws and couldn't find that reel again, so I guess I'll have to go back.

Sorry no pics, hope yall enjoyed the story :tongue3:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's hilarious

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread