Just got a magnet!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Coinboy
  • 3 Post By GopherDaGold
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 3 Post By IDXMonster
  • 2 Post By Tnmountains
  • 1 Post By Coinboy

Thread: Just got a magnet!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Detectorist

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Nokta Makro Simplex, Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
    241 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Just got a magnet!!!

I just bought the Brute Magnetics 888 pound magnet with a rope and a case. I’m so excited to start? Any tips or tricks that would be handy?
    A2coins, Georgivs and Tnmountains like this.
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow
    Winner of February 2020 Vaughan Garret's Favorite Finds for my 1754 2 Reales!
    “Today’s the day!”- Mel Fisher

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    2428 times
    BE CAREFUL! That thing will crush an appendage if you're not careful.
    Have fun!
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    38004 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Holy moly that's thing is going to raise the Titanic have fun post your finds
    EQ8 and djackson7348 like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 185 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jan 2020
    Northern California
    92 times
    I have the 1200 lb Brute magnet. If using in the water along piers or docks it's pretty cool, however I tossed mine in a lake and attached to a underwater pipe that didn't want to give it back. I did get it back and have learned to think about the what ifs. I take my kayak out and will troll the bottom of the lagoons with it, and have found some cool things. The other thing I enjoy using mine for, is walking while dragging my magnet along the ground. Found a great stainless steel tool box at the local marina, and found it's owner who in return took me out fishing for returning it. Enjoy, and happy hunting.

Nov 2012
    1278 times
    Get you a plastic jar lid like peanut butter lid that will fit over the magnet face and tape a large washer to the outside. Then use this to slip over the business end of your magnet to prevent accidental contact when not in use.

us
    Detectorist

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Nokta Makro Simplex, Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
    241 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks!
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    887 times
    Find any OLD bridges which go over creeks, small rivers or streams and start draggin’. It sounds like a grand adventure!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8911 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You will need more than a jar lid to stop its power from gabbing things.. Keep it away from your truck when walking by as it will latch on and tear it up. Get a good rope also. I have several and have two mounted to the bottom of wood handles from a wheel barrow. I walk in the creeks and probe with them. If it gets stuck all I have to do is turn it sideways to release it. Also serves as a waking stick in the creeks when slippery. I have picked up cut pieces of rail road track. Found some really cool old signs, rusted out guns and tools and fishing gear. I will sometimes clear an area of iron with it then cherry pick targets with my metal detector. I also get old rail road steel with high carbon for my forge. Found a safe face down and have yet to get it up as its in deep water.
    Just be careful around your fingers and wear gloves to clean the magnet off.
    If you are throwing it with a rope wait till summer in case you get hung up and then you can swim out and get it. Figure if the magnet says 1000 lbs hat is 500 lbs per side.
    Have fun its a great way to spend a day. Glad to see people using this area of the forum. We were the first on the net to have a magnet fishing area.
    GopherDaGold and Coinboy like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Detectorist

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    241 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Cool thanks for all the tips!
    Tnmountains likes this.

Nov 2012
    1278 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    You will need more than a jar lid to stop its power from gabbing things.. Keep it away from your truck when walking by as it will latch on and tear it up. Get a good rope also. I have several and have two mounted to the bottom of wood handles from a wheel barrow. I walk in the creeks and probe with them. If it gets stuck all I have to do is turn it sideways to release it. Also serves as a waking stick in the creeks when slippery. I have picked up cut pieces of rail road track. Found some really cool old signs, rusted out guns and tools and fishing gear. I will sometimes clear an area of iron with it then cherry pick targets with my metal detector. I also get old rail road steel with high carbon for my forge. Found a safe face down and have yet to get it up as its in deep water.
    Just be careful around your fingers and wear gloves to clean the magnet off.
    If you are throwing it with a rope wait till summer in case you get hung up and then you can swim out and get it. Figure if the magnet says 1000 lbs hat is 500 lbs per side.
    Have fun its a great way to spend a day. Glad to see people using this area of the forum. We were the first on the net to have a magnet fishing area.

"You will need more than a jar lid to stop its power from gabbing things".
    What I was trying to say is that with the jar lid cover, the contact with major metal areas is much easier and less severe to remove. You are correct in saying they can be dangerous if much care is not taken.

Sponsored Links