Kruzer is a sweet machine!

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother, I am about as far away from being "associated" with any manufacturer as a guy can get. I'm just a nobody in California who likes to find relics and a little gold when I'm not doing my weekday job. I passed up on an equinox to get this machine because I wanted something different. The guys who do the commercials on YouTube and in the treasure magazines, they are the ones who may be "associated" with manufacturers. Not little peeons like me. I ain't big time. No company ever gave me a free machine, and nobody really gives a rats rear what my opinion is. I'm just trying to tell some of my experiences and read other's as well. If I wrote something that made you think I'm getting paid by these people, then maybe I should be the one in their next commercial giving the gold necklace to the pretty girl.

I went in the other direction: considered the Kruzer but ended up getting the Equinox. Same market niche, I think--mid-priced, fast, water-proof, etc. I do like the Equinox but I can already see it won't replace my Etrac--TID and depth info not that reliable, at least for me (I hunt coins, sometimes in trashy places, and don't like to spend all my time digging trash). Better at unmasking, though, even with the stock coil. Curious to see how it does against the Kruzer.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Still not sold on the equinox. I think it loves bottle caps and can use greater separation on vdi scale. At least that's what I have read. Don't know how accurate that observation is. How is the Kruzer in these areas?

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought the kruzer because I didn't think the equinox would match the other minelab machines ID abilities. I was disappointed also when I watched calabash's video. The equinox does not have an overload tone and no modulated audio? I like those features, especially in iron. I took my kruzer to the gold fields last Sunday and tested it in all metal. What a nice , steady, solid threshhold tone it has. One of the very reasons I traded in my tejon for it. Could not use a tejon threshold at all and I've owned three. No gold that day, but a nice signal on a small nail at ten inches. Maybe next time a nugget with the kruzer! This machine has cool tones. Target separation seems pretty good. It found a lot of flat iron, but don't all vlfs have trouble with that? Overall, I can't believe what a good value this machine is for the price....multi tones, multi frequency (not simultaneous though), waterproof, web updates , wireless (!) , And built to last...I like it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread