Multi Kruzer and Iron

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

yesterday I was out in the field with my new Multi Kruzer, I ran with 3 tone mode standard settings and gain 99 (which was very stable). Had a lot of different signals and it was not easy for me to figure out if there was iron or not iron in the ground. The standard tone setting (ID 0 to 15 for iron tones) seems not to be enough to filter iron. Sometimes I had good high IDs and after digging or pinpointing the ID dropped down to 4. Or I had jumpy IDs which sometimes jumped into the iron range and after digging it was clearly iron. Or the IDs jumped between low range and high 90s which confused me. I had also signals jumping between 15 and 30, sometimes under 15 and I got a copper coin. So I was digging a lot and often didn't got what I expected. Maybe the condition was not very good, the soil was dry and mineralized and I often repeated GB. So is this behaviour normal or should I try out other settings?

Jacza

OP
OP
J

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have now found a setting that works good for me:

14 kHz
3 tone
Gain 94
Disc 3
Notch 4
Fe Vol N3
TBreak 5 70
Tone 15 50 70
iSat 0

Iron is no longer a problem, I also followed some tips from Gary

which are working for Multi Kruzer as well.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good job. Glad you found the numbers you needed

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Iron I like:
3 Tone, 14 kHz, gain 89, Disc 3, Fe Vol. 01
Tone Breaks 28-72, Tones 15-40-70

Glad you found settings you like.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FE volume

In the Iron I like:
3 Tone, 14 kHz, gain 89, Disc 3, Fe Vol. 01
Tone Breaks 28-72, Tones 15-40-70

Glad you found settings you like.

Not to bring up an old thread, even though I did HA!

Anyway for the first time ever I tried setting my Fe volume to zero to turn off the iron tones. It doesn't work. Another fellow on facebook was asking about it because his wasn't working so I tried mine. I've never tried it until now but neither of them actually work. Has anyone else noticed this?

OP
OP
J

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure, but I think the iron volume works only for the discrimination. So if you increase disc to 4 or 5, iron should be quiet.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends are where you have your tone breaks and disc set.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weird

Depends are where you have your tone breaks and disc set.

Nevermind, false alarm. I must have done something wrong. It seems to be working fine now. Not that I ever use that feature, I prefer to hear the iron tones. I find it helps me lock onto masked targets better since you can hear the machine respond with an odd mixed tone. If you turn the iron off you just get random chirpy tones that are easy to miss.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed that slowing down sweep speed just a bit and keeping the speed consistent quiets down those iron chirps significantly. I've been running 4-tone 19Khz at 70+ sensitivity with an Anfibio AF28 in pretty trashy areas and it stays reasonably quiet. Sweeping faster or inconsistently brings out more chatter. Then when I get over a suspected target I'll change the speed and direction to get a better idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread