What to do with Life Mags from the 1940s?

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What to do with Life Mag's from the 1940's?

I bought about 18 Life magazines from a library several months back. They are in fair to poor shape, and many have missing pages or cut out pages.

Would you suggest I go ahead and break it apart for the ads, or try and sell them whole? Doubt I can get much money for them . What has worked for others.?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Seen them in good condition in plastic sell for $.50- $5.00 depending on what was inside. Cut up I think you would have a hard time selling them.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
on the contrary, i had some that were decent shape but had library property stamps across the covers, nobody would buy them. However, I cut out the ads nicely (this is the key) and put them in a booth for a buck each. I sold probably half within a week. I was only asking 3.50 for each magazine, ended up averaging 9.00 each. I donated the rest of the ads that wouldn't sell to goodwill.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
dont forget to read them

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might what to cut out any nice ads and sell them on eBay. I see a lot of old ads there. I sometimes purchase old catalogs from there.I like old bungalow plan books and Sears;Wards;Spiegel's etc.general merchandise catalogs.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to find these old dates from 1930-1950's and cut out and frame the different ads inside,and turn around and sell
them or give them as gifts.

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got some old life mags, thanks for the idea of cutting out the ads. One cover I will frame for myself, i'm a boxing fan and it's a photo of Ali and Smokin' Joe Frazier trading punches.

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any car ads I'd say would sell on the bay once you cut them out. Very carefully of course

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread