FREE HISTORIC MAPS / TOPOs, Enjoy this is one of my favorite resources!

OP
OP
J

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sites been up for quite some time now, I was hoping that they would have all 50 states indexed by now.
Still a great service and free at that.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
J,

no Illinois historic, but I use that site all the time
for my topos. Good site.

have a good un.......

E

EarthWalker

Doh! no Illinois! I'm in Southern IL along the mississippi and the Shawnee Natl' forest. I know alot of foot traffic went through here (trail of tears) I jsut wish there were available union maps of the trails.

newtocoinhunting

Jan 16, 2006
Nebraska, USA
EarthWalker said:
Doh! no Illinois! I'm in Southern IL along the mississippi and the Shawnee Natl' forest. I know alot of foot traffic went through here (trail of tears) I just wish there were available union maps of the trails.

You might check out this GIS-related article regarding the trails:
http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/1003/trailoftears.html

Sounds like if you would contact the Arkansas individual referenced in that article he might be able to let you know if a GPS map of the trails has been recreated, the article reads as though the states involved were working together to make that happen.

Happy hunting.
-Doug.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site, thanks. I was able to find a 1916 map of my area and then piecemeal a modern map together to compare.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's been on my favorite's for over a year now,lucky enough to have the three surrounding state's where I live.I've already set up a couple place's for the spring with GPS coordinate's using another portion of this site....Very helpful stuff.....HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread