jabo guinea types

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
these are experimentals from jabo...very rare.....
nineguineas2.jpg

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i live about 40 minutes from the jabo factory and make at least one trip there every couple weeks...i spend a couple hours there talkin to the owners and workers...the experimentals are my fav things to get while im there...sometimes theres only a few hundred of them made and the techniques are all applied at different times to future runs...ill admit that jabo has become my favorite marble company now...they ck for glass combatability and try things to see if theyll work...here...check this out

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
So is there still a strong market for marbles in the use? And I mean a primary market, are kids still playing with them, or has it gone by the wayside with the advent of PSPs and X-Boxs?

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
sadly...most of the kids here dont play much...or do anything like we used too...but in india and other countries marbles are big sellers...marble king ships tons of marbles there annually...

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
duffytrash said:
sadly...most of the kids here dont play much...or do anything like we used too...but in india and other countries marbles are big sellers...marble king ships tons of marbles there annually...
I remember I had a massive jar of marbles as a kid, none of them old or rare, just fun. I never actually learned to play marbles the traditional way, though. Instead, some friends and I would build sometimes elaborate Goldberg-esque contraptions with bits of water hose, Hot Wheels tracks, funnels, cups, buckets, anything that would hold and hopefully project a marble somewhere, and spend hours arranging it in different ways seeing how long we could make the marble move about on it's own.

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
Nice ones Duffy. I got a stash of Jabos. I'm partial to the various aventurine and Lutz types. Marble on the right looks to have some sparkle.

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thank rd...theyre all purty nice...ive got cases of the experimentals ...theres some out of round but all in all they are special and one of a kinds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread