got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just hanging out looking for something to do. So here are some that have been in a jar for some time. You see any good ones?

marbles 007.JPG marbles 008.JPG marbles 009.JPG marbles 010.JPG

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Played with them as a kid, and have had them in a jar for some time now. I don't know anything about them , just killing time.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'd keep the vitros (especially the big ones with more than 2 colors) from hitting against the others and getting damaged. They aren't worth much now, but vitros are gaining in popularity and increasing in value. Not long ago they were slingshot ammo, and as bad as clearies and game marbles to collectors. Now they have a spot in most collections. Give it another 10 years and who knows. Even some cateyes are worth good money these days.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks cheese, I will put them up for now, Just thought I would post them so I could find out something about them. Not in to marbles but will keep them well. I do love to look at them. And have a bag with lots more in it, just have to go over 40yr. of boxes. lol.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hanging out looking for something to do. So here are some that have been in a jar for some time. You see any good ones?

View attachment 941398 View attachment 941399 View attachment 941400 View attachment 941401

In the upper right picture, there is a row of five marbles. Just to the left of the 3rd marble in that row is an Akro Agate Helmet Marble. That may not be the proper name but that's what many of us call them. They are very common, not much value. I do not see anything else of interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread