I know i just posted but...

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any goodies in here? I dug these all at various times. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442962015.702798.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
You've got some old ones that are staples in any collection. Unfortunatley they aren't worth a lot, but still cool. The clays are common, probaby turn of the century up to the 30s or 40s. The blues glazed ones are benningtons. The spots are from where they touched other marbles while they were fired in the kiln. They are from the same time period, made in America and Germany. The blue and green swirl looks like an Alley from the St. Mary's factory, maybe 1950s. The blue cateye is probably 60s or 70s. The colored one is 70s or 80s. The solid colored marble would be a game marble. The transparent swirl could have been made by nearly any West Virginia marble company in the mid 1900s.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Thanks for the info! Whats a game marble? My favorites are the blue benningtons and the "alley marble".

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok. I've never played that game. Thanks for your input. You are a fountain of marble info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions