Possible Vitro Tiger Eye

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this possible Vitro Tiger Eye set aside for quite some time. I was reminded of it again b/c of an Ebay post listing something similar (albeit with a much more viewable vitro base). It is a very difficult mib to capture as the colors are very close which makes its structure difficult to see (mite need to magnify the pic). Thots? (Size is .61)

Here is a snippet from an article, '57 Varieties', written by C. Brandstetter regarding the color combo.

"...At this point it must be noted, that other variations of the Vitro Tiger Eye (type 1) can be found. My opinion is that they are just simple variations: Light Purple or Dark Purple and Green or Aventurine Green. Most likely there are other color variations. There are also errors. The most interesting one we have is Y ~ Y/Y. We have also found ribbons missing a color; but, the missing color is brighter White than the bottom White patch...."

Attachments

• IMG_9564.JPG
    IMG_9564.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9565.JPG
    IMG_9565.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9566.JPG
    IMG_9566.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Huh. It does resemble one but I think all tiger eyes have either a white or clear base glass. That doesn't mean something strange isn't possible though. Leaning towards game marble at the moment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread