• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 56

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.... I just wish I knew what makes one marble more desirable than the next...

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.... I just wish I knew what makes one marble more desirable than the next...

When I first started collecting, I had no particular favorite maker. I frankly liked them all. Over time, I came to realize that much as I wanted to, I simply couldn't collect them all. Slowly but surely I began to find that I enjoyed Peltiers the most, and decided to focus primarily on those. As you can see though, I do wander to other makers on ocassion. For me, collecting is about what visually appeals to me (and gotta add - what is affordable). CAC's are beautiful and highly sought after, but I find quite a few Alleys I consider equally beautiful. To not include contemporaries would be a travesty - as some are absolutely stunning. I have a favorite of those also (Winlock). If you are considering collecting, do the research first. I admit to wasting alot of money on marbles that are horribly worth less than I paid for them. Selecting a marble for me is one can I look at over and over again and never tire of. Unfortunately, way to many!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started collecting, I had no particular favorite maker. I frankly liked them all. Over time, I came to realize that much as I wanted to, I simply couldn't collect them all. Slowly but surely I began to find that I enjoyed Peltiers the most, and decided to focus primarily on those. As you can see though, I do wander to other makers on ocassion. For me, collecting is about what visually appeals to me (and gotta add - what is affordable). CAC's are beautiful and highly sought after, but I find quite a few Alleys I consider equally beautiful. To not include contemporaries would be a travesty - as some are absolutely stunning. I have a favorite of those also (Winlock). If you are considering collecting, do the research first. I admit to wasting alot of money on marbles that are horribly worth less than I paid for them. Selecting a marble for me is one can I look at over and over again and never tire of. Unfortunately, way to many!

I just have a can full of old marbles and occasionally find them while out treasure hunting and don't know anything about them. I might sell them if I knew how much (if anything) they were worth.

The last thing I need is to start another collection.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow, I'm diggin' that Euro swirl!

Icewing, post pics of them a small group at a time and we'll point out any special ones. Usually 1% or less of a random hoard of marbles is actually worth significant money. A few will be in the dollar to $20 range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread