Bag of old marbles please help

rushdig

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help some identifying thanks and does anyone know a good book on marbles ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539994691.949156.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539994706.530990.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539995027.435167.jpg

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow Rushdig, nice little collection you have there! Mostly older stuff. Some of my favorite books are American Machine Made Marbles, Marble Mania, and Big Book of Marbles.

In your first pic, top row, you have two old handmade German swirls, some slags, and I'm not sure what the last one is. Row 2 is 4 Akros, one Peltier Peerless Patch, and another Akro. Row 3 is 2 Akros and two not sures (closer pics showing all views of the marble can help get the correct ID on those). Row 4 looks like an Akro corkscrew, 3 slags, and not sure. Row 5 is an Alley, Akro, and another Alley. Then you have the stone marbles at the bottom, possibly limestone. They could have been marbles but the bigger ones could have been mill balls, check valves for pumps, etc...

In your second pic, I see some overlap of the first pic and I IDed those marbles up the letter F, so for this pic I will start with the marble in the G column and continue right for every row.
Row 1 looks like a master and two white chinese checker marbles or maybe moonies if they are translucent. Then off to the right are some blue and white marbles... those are named Alleys... they are called Alley Blue Skies and were from the Pennsboro factory (Alley had factories in 4 different places in West Virginia). Row 2 is Peltier, Akro, Alley. Row 3 is a nice 3 color Akro corkscrew, a slag (probably Akro), and an Akro patch. Row 4 is a Peltier rainbo, possibly a Peltier multicolor swirl (not sure... could be a good marble depending on more pics), a group of same color PPPs (peltier Peerless Patches), and a group of blue clearies. Under that is a group of blue Bennington marbles.

The last photo shows a nice group of older West Virginia swirls, mostly Alley. I see a peltier rainbo in the center there and maybe a couple of Akro corkscrews. One single newer marble... the cateye in the bottom right corner. Very nice group!

OP
OP
R

rushdig

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thank you very much you are the best !! I was hoping this was some old fellas game bag a lot of them look like they got a lot of use thanks again !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread