Been a long time. Anyone care to send me a few ideas for some local hunts?

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been well in the last few years. I have gotten somewhat better but haven't swung a detector in quite a bit. I sold my GTI2500 last year to pay for medical bills. My wife an I have 2 Ace 250's now. I am not looking for your secret hide that one day will bring you millions but just a few spots that my wife and I can go that would be interesting. Some spots where we can go and not be hassled and may have hopes of finding some interesting things. Anytime we find a coin 1940's we are excited. We do like the civil war although we have never found anything as we haven't had any sites to look in. So if anyone has any sites anywhere in an hour drive from Edgewood Maryland I would appreciate any help you can give me. If you don't have any sites maybe a few modern websites that can help us research a few. Like I said its been a while.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ken

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That looks like a Md State Trooper's Badge. My neighbor Mike was a trooper and his son Tim is a trooper.
Most Harford Co parks are open to detecting if you ask the director on site, but forget Swan Park, the director is a real ass. Belair parks are open to detecting. Balto city parks will issue a permit to detect there parks. Maryland State Parks are theoretically open to detecting EXCEPT June July and August. The catch is you must get permission from the local director.
I have had luck detecting old yards. I live in Whiteford. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a Md State Trooper's Badge. My neighbor Mike was a trooper and his son Tim is a trooper.
Most Harford Co parks are open to detecting if you ask the director on site, but forget Swan Park, the director is a real ass. Belair parks are open to detecting. Balto city parks will issue a permit to detect there parks. Maryland State Parks are theoretically open to detecting EXCEPT June July and August. The catch is you must get permission from the local director.
I have had luck detecting old yards. I live in Whiteford. Frank...
View attachment 953251

I wish it was a trooper badge. I'm sure I would have better benefits. It's a Baltimore City police badge. I thought the city really gave it to us while working. Once you retire they really give it to. Or maybe I should say take it away from you. Been retired 7 years and not a penny cost of living raise. All along taking away all our benefits. Good news when you turn 55 you get a 2% raise and 1% raise at 65. I can't wait! Thank you city for taking care of the people who took care of you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I wish it was a trooper badge. I'm sure I would have better benefits. It's a Baltimore City police badge. I thought the city really gave it to us while working. Once you retire they really give it to. Or maybe I should say take it away from you. Been retired 7 years and not a penny cost of living raise. All along taking away all our benefits. Good news when you turn 55 you get a 2% raise and 1% raise at 65. I can't wait! Thank you city for taking care of the people who took care of you Sent from my SCH-I545 using
Tapatalk

Would you happen to be the officer that was in the Free State Metal Detecting Club years ago when I was in it?
Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am not. Sorry I have owned detectors since 1988 but hardly ever used them. No exciting places to hunt. Just did play grounds and some parks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread