just got my first real detector

joefrommd

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just came home and found my first real metal detector waiting on me. I had a used radio shack $20 detector someone gave me and found some recently shot shotgun shells, recently within a couple years. I just got my Excalibur 2 in the mail and made a reservation at Ocean City, md for a couple days and going to try my luck. I am hoping to find enough to retire on but 38 cents and some bottle caps will make me happier. I'll be in Ocean City, I'll already be happy.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you! Get Gary Drayton's Books on using the Excalibur at the beach! At first it's confusing but don't give up and mount that puppy on a straight carbon shaft and get a knob guard for peace of mind!
I will never be without my Excal!
Best of Luck down in Ocean City!
"Hey Hey Joe! Where are you goin with that Excal in your hand" (couldn't resist):laughing7:
Oh, and welcome to TNet!

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on the Xmas gift, Santa Picked a good one...

If your not far from Sandy Point check it out....Right now with OC conditions you may do better at the Point...

OP
OP
J

joefrommd

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the direction Bar Pirate but I'm in Chesapeake City heading south. Its really for the time off, the first 2 days I've had off since before Thanksgiving. I never heard of Sandy Point before but will make it a destination to try out.

OP
OP
J

joefrommd

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just to let ya's know, my total for the 2 days down at the beach was 90 cents. Every dig was like finding part of the crown jewels. It took me a couple of minutes to realize I was giving myself a false signal everytime I swung my detector to the left, than I realized, that's where I was holding my scoop. A guy I talked to who was also metal detecting found a platinum wedding band though. I feel like it was a good couple of days.

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool that machine is awesome and on my list !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread