My first coins!!!!!!

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:sunny:Went down Humarock (Marshfield) at 6:15 this morning with my Garrett Pro Pointer which arrived yesterday. First time I ever used it and I have no doubt it led to my first coins! I know they're just clad, but it was WICKED EXCITING to turn the sand and see something flat and round! OMG!

As to the blob, I have no idea. Looks like scrunched up soda can that's been tossed around for a while but I have absolutely no idea and will be glad to hear opinions. It wasn't tarnished at all and isn't heavy. It almost looked like solder, even.

For the record: I found the 1988 Penny first, in the sand, then the 2002 Indiana Quarter in the rocks that always line the upper ledge of the beach, and the blob near the quarter. I never hunted the rocks before but now with the Pro Pointer I will do it regularly.

FIRST COINS! 2012-09-12 2002 Indiana Q and 1988 Penny and blob IMG_0435.jpg

Last edited:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome now your hooked wont be long till you find your first silver ...or gold:icon_thumright:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annie that blob is aluminum, You'll find that regularly at Humarock, I've been there.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread