A few things about Marshfield for you annie

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
A few things about Marshfield,for you annie,that you might not know.There was a British garrison stationed there,but was withdrawn before the colonials could attack it in 1775.No further details about it.The fair grounds of the Marshfield Agricultural and Horticultural society founded in 1867 are on South street.I dont know whether thats an on going thing or not.Left from the village on south river street at 2.2 miles is the junction with Peregrine white road,on which at 2.7 miles is the site of
Peregine Whites homestead.Peregine White was born on the Mayflower Nov.20 1620,he lived there after his marriage.

I'm quoting this from a book written in 1937,things could of changed a lot since then.Happy hunting.Hopefully youll be able to pinpoint the locations.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No problem annie,I dont mind helping out.I have another book thats dated 1840.Its titled "Incidents in the early history of New England.It covers from 1585 to roughly the revolution.It doesnt have an index so i'll have to read the whole thing,again, to see if theres any information on marshfield.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread