Need some advice on metal detecting in MA..

debi

Apr 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: This is my first time using this site. I am planning a fishing trip for my husband in Massachusetts in September. He loves to metal detect . If I could find a place to go while we are staying at the nantasket beach hotel , this trip would be over the top fantastic for him !! I have looked on their town website and it says that you cant detect at state parks. memorials, monuments, anything historical. So I guess that leaves beaches and local parks ? Could any of you tell me where we could go and not get in trouble? :unhappysmiley: We will also be travelling into Marshfield for the charter and possibly around plymouth as well. If there are any places in these areas that are Metal Detector friendly:icon_thumright: I would really appreciate your advice. I know no one out east at all to ask questions to . I appreciate your responses so much !! Blessings!!

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
I've never been there but through the magic of "Google Earth" it appears you can walk out of the door and start detecting! There are at least 4 miles of beach looks like an awesome spot to vaca! Good luck!

Don Chiasson

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: This is my first time using this site. I am planning a fishing trip for my husband in Massachusetts in September. He loves to metal detect . If I could find a place to go while we are staying at the nantasket beach hotel , this trip would be over the top fantastic for him !! I have looked on their town website and it says that you cant detect at state parks. memorials, monuments, anything historical. So I guess that leaves beaches and local parks ? Could any of you tell me where we could go and not get in trouble? :unhappysmiley: We will also be travelling into Marshfield for the charter and possibly around plymouth as well. If there are any places in these areas that are Metal Detector friendly:icon_thumright: I would really appreciate your advice. I know no one out east at all to ask questions to . I appreciate your responses so much !! Blessings!!

Hi Debi,
I am from Hull MA. Your husband will have the perfect beach out the hotel door! I have found lots of old coins there! Silver, Bronze...a lot of jewelry! There are a bunch of metal detecting people out there nightly and I have never been told not to dig there in the past 5 years (nobody I know has). The beach is 3.5 miles long so there is tons of room for detecting.

Have Fun,
Don Chiasson

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread