Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need any info you have about hunting in Mass. I've seen some stuff online that says:

According to the Massachusetts Code of Regulations, the use of metal detectors on state forests and parks property is not allowed without permission of the area supervisor. Permission must be obtained beforehand.

I am visiting my sister who lives in Haverhill in the first week of October and want to get out a few times. So what should I know about parks, beaches etc. Do I need permits? All that stuff. I have no problem just sticking to the beach, so if there are any you can recommend where I can just go and hunt without any hassle I'd appreciate it. I think from the stuff online it seems pretty clear the Plum Island is off limits, is that true?

Or should I skip the hassle and just hit Maine?

I took up this hobby after I moved out of state, and this is my first opportunity to get back and try so I'd like to have a good time and not worry about "the man".

Go Sox!

OP
OP
Ed-D

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sparkgirl

Jul 16, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to numerous State Parks in Massachusetts and never had any trouble whatsoever...you should be fine :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Southern mass & havent had any issues around here just be respectful, and cover ur holes, use a small trowel like shovel, not a huge one so they think ur goin to bury someone lol or leave craters on the grass,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread