Trick to improve your finds!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little trick I learned from Kevin Hoagland the Minelab rep in a recent seminar held at the GPAA gold show in Dayton Ohio.

Believe it or not, some people do not hear certain frequencies emitted by their metal detector and are missing out on valuable finds!

If you are not hearing the higher frequency sounds emitted from your MD you can adjust the pitch on this device to a lower frequency that you can hear just by adding more bass and less treble to the signal!

This works like a charm even if you have perfect hearing. I experimented with this device and was able to easily hear even the faintest signals due to the 10db volume gain.

With it you can easily fine tune the sound to fit your personal hearing needs.
It is a 3 band equalizer that fits between your detector and your headphones. I ordered
mine from the koss.com website for $19.95

EQ50_1.jpg

With a 10dB boost or -10dB cut range of level, the EQ50 features a 3-band equalizer that allows for convenient and individual bass, midrange and treble adjustment, for a customized listening experience.

Power output is greater than 20mW per channel, providing clean undistorted output into your favorite stereophones. Ergonomically designed for easy handling, a rotary volume control and on/off switch are placed for convenient usage.

Hope this helps.

Buddy~

Kevin's contact info: http://www.treasurenet.com/links/html/10c5.htm

Attachments

• EQ50_1.jpg
    EQ50_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,774

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds like something I could use! Thanks for the post! What size jacks does it have?

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. I have some high frequency hearing loss years of neglect in the military. Also, old age doesn't help :D

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creskol said:
That sounds like something I could use! Thanks for the post! What size jacks does it have?

It comes with a cord with 1/8" jacks so I had to buy 1/8" to 1/4" adapters at radio shack.

here is the Koss link: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^ac^EQ50

For some reason you will have to copy then paste the link to get it all. :icon_scratch:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the head-up. I'll look into it.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Goodyguy said:
creskol said:

It comes with a cord with 1/8" jacks so I had to buy 1/8" to 1/4" adapters at radio shack.

here is the Koss link: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^ac^EQ50

For some reason you will have to copy then paste the link to get it all. :icon_scratch:

Thank You for the info .. I ordered one today! Amazon has one for a few dollars cheaper.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for the info .. I ordered one today! Amazon has one for a few dollars cheaper.

Great! Be sure and post back how it's working out for you :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
heck, I just adjust the tone on my mynelab......NGE

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
heck, I just adjust the tone on my mynelab......NGE

I got the tip from the Minelab rep.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new minelab and have a high freq hearing loss and have been having a devil of a time learining the tones. Maybe it will help me and I won't pull the rest of my hair out....both of them! Monty

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have a new minelab and have a high freq hearing loss and have been having a devil of a time learining the tones. Maybe it will help me and I won't pull the rest of my hair out....both of them! Monty

According to Kevin Hoagland of minelab this device will help and it's only $19.95 so you wouldn't be out much to give it a try. here is Kevin's contact Info: http://www.treasurenet.com/links/html/10c5.htm

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one from Amazon...I think. The darn thing kept transfering my transaction to some BS thing to sign up for. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions