( need help with composing questionaire for retirement homes )

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
Ok here it goes I'm new at this and hear a lot of you say the information is with the older folks. So I am asking the forums help in compiling a list of questions that can be EASILY answered by folks in local retirement centers. The plus sides of this will be a great source of information pertaining to local areas and being able to put smiles on there faces as they reminisce of the younger days :) Ex older swimming holes , schools .etc

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
The fold in the nursing home are not a library info machine they are people. I don't think they would respond very well to a questionaire. They are stuck there and more than likely lonely and would be more willing to give information if you sat down and actually help alleviate their mundane day by talking to them and allowing them to reminence on their past life. You will get more information from them that way than you would with any questionaire and brighten their day also. Ask the nurse who they think has actually grown up in your area or who has lived their the longest. I worked in a nursing home and I can tell you they would much rather talk to someone than sit and fill out a paper. So make a seniors day and actually talk to them instead of giving them a questionaire to fill out.

OP
OP
harris1

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
Thanks looking to put some questions together so that I may ask in a general visitor hour setting.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok..gotta ask here....

What are you up to?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread