Using a Ferrite to Ground Balance ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    64 times
    Metal Detecting

Using a Ferrite to Ground Balance ?

Hi All !

Looking for opinions and also any general information you can offer on using a ferrite (a small ceramic shape with high-iron content.) to Ground Balance a metal detector.
    I saw this demonstrated recently on the Internet via a Minelab youtube for their GPZ 7000.

Then I did some investigation and discovered that there are many manufacturers of small-size ceramic ferrites of various shapes with different percentages of metals in the composition, but ferrite (iron dust) usually has the highest percent in a ceramic alloy, and possibly the largest volume of these ferrites is produced for the electronics and electrical products industries.

In addition to opinions and/or general information you might be able to offer, I would appreciate answers to the following questions if possible, but I guess these are for our science experts.

#1..Do the ingredients in the ferrite alloy, in terms of metals used and their percentages,
    need to be matched to the particular metal detector's frequency and/or circuit design for
    optimum Ground Balancing?

#2..Or is the choice of a ferrite and it's composition not that important as long as the ferrite content reigns King?

Thanks for your replies gals and guys !

ToddB64

Last edited by ToddB64; Feb 26, 2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Revising question #2
    Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

Sponsored Links