The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I lost my father to cancer , he was a strong person and fought it for years before he lost his life......at that time in my heart i always told myself that i never did get to say the things i always wanted to.......My Dad loved history and was always interested in all the items I found while detecting.......Now 3 years later I have lost my Mother! On Valentines day this year i get a call my mom was in serious condition in the hospital, when i got there a woman came up to me and told me that she has cancer......Now some people talk to there mothers everyday and some days or weeks at a time, in my case ,she was her own person and would call from time to time. Three months ago she tripped and hurt her hip she was 72 and just retird a couple of years ago from the buffalo Police Department ....yea I know 70 to retire.....Knowing about her hip everything was ok as far as i knew......Therapy was going well and no problems, that was not the case.....during blood work they found out she had cancer in the blood a result of bone cancer....never told anyone !!! I found out from the nurse at the hospital when I got there, She did not want life support or anything else to keep her alive....that monday morning she signed the waver and that night she passed away......I never had the chance to say good bye...She could not speak when i got there and was unresponcive....My Mom loved old ship wreaks and always enjoyed sunkin treasure....when a show would come on she thought would be interesting , she would call me and let me know!.......She loved Angels her house was full of them, pictures , figures and so on. I have always belived in a guardian Angel and believe that all of us has one looking over us......The past week and a half i have been asking myself why did'nt she tell us....or anyone what was going on the past few months....She knew and did'nt say a word. Life is short and life is precious.....Enjoy it ever day!!!
I love you Mom and wish I had the chance to say it one more time..............

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sympathy15.jpg

Attachments

• Sympathy15.jpg
    Sympathy15.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 984

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Seeker sorry to hear about your mum. Your mum was so thoughtfull in death as she didn't want to put anyone through all the remorse hence all the silence. I bet your gonna find something that will explain it all in the near future.
And I also bet she loved you very much. Just look for that Angel when your in nead yourself. God Bless. :thumbsup:

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Your Mom was a special person, now she's with your Dad and they are both watching over you and your family. Blessings upon you and your family, and prayers to everyone.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Seeker, I've had the same thoughts. Spare the loved ones of the agony of the "death tribunal" by just not telling anyone of the diagnosis, only to have the loved ones think they've been "left out" of the final days. She only wanted to spare you, not involve you in a long, drawn out affair. If she wanted to inform everyone, she would. So would I.

I'm torn. If one of my children were gravely ill, I would want to know. But if I am gravely ill, I do not want anyone to know. Strange, isn't it. Death is either a very private thing or a very familial or public thing. Me, myself, I'm very private. I would like to think that my children and grandchildren were aware of my condition, but by the same token, I don't want to disrupt their lives with a natural thing like "Grandma B is maybe going to die today." Grandma B was due to die. Have a quiet supper, remember Grandma B, bless her spirit, and go to bed happy.

I've really found it better (sorry to admit) that sudden death is by far easier to deal with than prolonged death. We live, we die, and if you believe Christ was who he said he was, you continue. Nothing else matters as far as death goes. We all do it, and we do not survive it. Probably a stupid post, but here it is.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker,

I am so very sorry to hear this - my prayers go out to you and your family.

Noodle,

Feelings are never stupid. They are what they are. They are different than "thoughts" and/or "ideas".

I've been "privy" to both sides of the coin. Sudden death - and prolonged, knew in advance, deaths in the family.

I cannot say that either is better - I miss them all - dearly.

Beth

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You are right, Beth. It's a journey that each of us has to take. And for each, it will be different. Blessings on all involved. - Brenda

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Seeker,
My sincere condolences go out to you.
I know these are only words but they are the best I can give you.

Please know our hearts and prayers are with you as you undertake a new step in life.

Thom and Kathy

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I know how much your mom meant to you ,but understand her choices in not telling you. A mother never wants to cause her children pain of suffering and she knew her angels would watch over you. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions