Bill C

Jan 5, 2007
Nevada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab X-Terra 70, Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Went out to Rye Patch on the 7th of November for 5 days, or so I thought. I arrived at camp around noon and decided to try my gold bug 2 out on some old scrapes and found 1 small nugget right after I got there. I then ran into one of the local residence and talked with him for a while, he told me that I could have this big rock that was down in this hole that he was digging for some Quartz crystals. The rock turned out to be a nice quartz crystal cluster weighing around 100 lbs. or so. On Saturday morning I took my minelab out and found a nice 1.3 gram nugget. then I ran into a friend out there who had a VLF detector, I took him to some old scrapes to see if we could find some small nuggets, he didn't have any luck, but I found 1 small nugget. Then close to sundown it started to rain, the rain didn't stop until about 8:00 am on Sunday so I decided that it was a good time to go to town and get some fuel. On the way into town I ran into my friend and told him that I would be back as soon as I could. I met him after I got some fuel and we tried to find some nuggets until around 2:00 pm with no luck, so he had to get going home and I decided to keep hunting the scrapes until dark. I found 1 more small nugget right about dark. On Monday I went out to the area that I found My minelab nugget and searched the area some more. About an hour later I found a .8 gram nugget and hunted for a few more hours without any more luck. I moved over to some more scrapes and found 4 more small nuggets. Monday I got up, checked the weather and it didn't look too good so I decided to try the scrapes, I found 1 more small nugget then it started to rain so I decided that I had enough fun and headed for home.

Thanks, Bill

Attachments

• IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 1,199
  • IMG_5181.JPG
    IMG_5181.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 1,351
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like an incredibly successful hunt to me! Congrats on the nuggets and that crystal cluster is beautiful!

chucktx8

May 10, 2005
Been there ,done that, & would love to do it again, Us old has beens really appreciate you younger guys taken the time to share your good times with us.
It is amazing that you have the skill to still pullout nuggets from there, That ground has been worried to death, but is still producing for the dedicated prospector.
Image is of a 1.1 gram Chevron nugget that I sold last week & found there years back.

Attachments

• 1.1 nugget 002.jpg
    1.1 nugget 002.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,649

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
YOu need to reset your camera pixels they are at 1872x1597 you should have it set a 640x 480

Man you had a nice hunt out there Love to get to the desert one day soon

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Love those nuggets! Rye Patch has been worked hard over the years but there's still gold to be found.Thanks for posting.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As all have said above, pretty gold from a beautiful area!

Good on you!

Shep

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul!!! :thumbsup: