Online claim maps for Arizona?

Willy

I figure on heading down to Arizona in a few days (been about 6 years since the last time) and, after checking out the goodies at Quartzite and drinkin' a few with some buddies, plan on doing some nuggethunting with my GMT. Problem is, I'm NOT into trespassing on someone's claim and looking for corner posts can be a real bear. I figure, due to the increase in gold prices, that there's probably been a staking rush and open ground to swing on is probably at a premium. This got me wondering if AZ has claim maps online where I can download them and have a good idea where not to go. Could do the GPAA thing, but is it really worth it for just a few weeks? Not to mention that I don't know about the quality of their claims. Anybody? ...Willy.

Upvote 0

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not really. You can buy maps that show the location of clubs claims, but to find out about private claims you'll have to go to the BLM :)

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not join a club in that area, then try to plan your trip so you can start your trip with their monthly meeting and maybe they can answer all your questions.

P

pippinwhitepaws

gpaa has some claims down on turkey creek..south of prescott...great gold found there.
high altitude, summer only type of place.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CATFISHJK1 said:
Why not join a club in that area, then try to plan your trip so you can start your trip with their monthly meeting and maybe they can answer all your questions.

This is a fantastic idea of course! Joining a club has so many benefits that far outweigh the expense. Plus your digging on ground where Gold is known to be, so your odds of finding it are greatly increased.

OP
OP
W

Willy

Ahhhh.. but which club and in what area? Some clubs are also more pricey than others and which has the more respectable claims? Decisions, decisions. GPAA has a lot of claims, buy people have told me that they're not the greatest. Then there are the smaller ones like Desert Gold Diggers.. about the same price, a lot fewer claims.. but maybe better? ..Willy.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the AZO site. There's a guy in Wickenburgh that sells maps with all the club claims plotted. Not sure but think he has some that might show private claims.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread