wickenburg Az

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
jf44 said:
has anyone been to the lost dutchman mine near wickenburg Az lately?
Going Oct.22
Wrong location The lost dutchman is in the supertiton mtns close to apache junction az which is about a 125 or so miles north east of wickenburg :-*

OP
OP
jf44

jf44

Jul 17, 2005
Timpson Tx North of Nacogdoches
Detector(s) used
MXT & Ace 250
maybe they call it stanton, it is north of wickenburg and east of
congress, never been before but leaving Fri. 22 and will be there
till the 30th from east Tx.
Regards, James

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Same place. You probably know, but that's a popular place with the detectors.
Chaps are a must, in my opinion. They don't have to be snake proof, just being able to hit the briers and kneel on the ground -all rock- is a huge help.

Far too many folks just skirt the nasty's, and you can be sure the gold doesn't care.

A camelback is good to help encourage water intake, it may not be as hot and dry as a month ago but it's still warm. I guess you get plenty of sun in Texas, no diff here.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
jf44,
Was there last year and found a quartz rock with gold inside of it. And yes it is north of Wickenburg about 25 miles so if you plan on heading up there fill up with gas in Wickenburg for there are NO gas stations in the area and Stanton is off the main road a ways too. As for as snakes go I did not see any nor other critters that could cause you harm. As far as an area to detect in, try in the first area (past the property line headed south of Stanton Station on LDMA property). Also check out the area further south in the gulches. And be sure to bring a garden rake to rake away materail after you detect. If you have any other questions email me.

49er

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
jf44 said:
has anyone been to the lost dutchman mine near wickenburg Az lately?
Going Oct.22
No Bob I think that I am right about the lost dutchman MINE is close to the supertition mtn range The lost ducthman mining ass are two different things and two different places he asked for the MINE NOT THE OTHER so see I am right ;D Buck

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Buck,
Check your map, I know that the Lost Dutchman is in the Superstitons, but they are not northeast of Wickenburg, they are southeast of Wickenburg. I know where Stanton and the Lost Dutchman's mining Assn. is located also because I would stay there five or six months of the year, when I belonged to LDMA. I think LDMA is a little overpriced, $5000.00, thats why I got out. Not worth that to high-bank, metal detect and BS, I can do all that for free. I also had three claims over on the other side of rich hill on weaver creek, sold them to New West Mining Club, before they sold out to someone else. Bob

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Yup you are right I am wrong about the the directions :'( But all I was tryiny to say was he asked about the Lost dutchman mine not the LDMA I have been to stanton a few times in the past I think that it is a little over priced and over rated and away to many people there in the winter I am like you I can go else where and do the same thing for free ;) Buck

OP
OP
jf44

jf44

Jul 17, 2005
Timpson Tx North of Nacogdoches
Detector(s) used
MXT & Ace 250
Well to live in Tx where there is hardly any gold and
not have to worry about private property rights its a good deal for me.
Its 3000.00 not 5000. with 175. down and 30. a month.
If I lived out west or colo where there is lots of places to hunt
you are probably right in not joining the assoc.
Regards, James

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
JF44,
It used to be $5000.00, when I joined, that was before George passed on. Guess the boys came down on price. Up-side is you can meet some really nice people and they have some really great pot-lucks, or at least they did have, guess they still do. Get to know some of those people and they can turn you on to some sites where you have a good chance of finding some nuggets.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Still a lot of money but there is that piece of mind of knowing. sso all that I can say is have FUN and enjoy the weather for I will be in the white mtns this week-end ;) Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread