Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gold inn NC?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2016
    161 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    How far East in North Carolina can gold be found? There is a lot of quartz just laying around in the woods in Wake county. Some of it looks like there is silver running through it but that may be mica. Anyone know of any gold found in the area? Thanks.
    Just a short jog west / northwest of where you are now should put you in the Uwharries... tons of gold still there. Watch out for snakes. And hunters. And ticks. Lots of ticks.

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett AT Gold
    1739 times
    Wow! It's an 8 year old post.
    2017 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..527
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 1
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 5
    Kenn. 40%- 54
    Proof- 11
    Silv. Proof -1
    Commemorative-0/0

Mar 2016
    161 times
    Shhhh..
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

us
    Oct 2017
    North Carolina
    Gold Bug 2/ Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Turbo pan Le trap Pan
    14 times
    Prospecting
    Also live in Raleigh and have been searching for a couple of weeks just to test out my new equipment. So far (predictable) no gold But LOTS and LOTS of black sand also lots of pyrite :X i hate pyrite. Quarts is all over have found a couple of good pieces as well as one rose quarts and one smokey quartz have also found A nice tourmaline. Have a Sluice coming in the mail tomorrow, will venture out to durham to see if i can get any specs. Working on restoring a 2001 f150 to haul my equipment so i can get on the road to the mountains and out west would like to find some emeralds/sapphire and of course the shiney!
    Golden_Crab likes this.

us
    Jan 2014
    Durham, NC
    Minelab CTX 3030 Fischer Gold Bug 2 Garrett AT Gold Minelab Excalibur II White's MX5 Titan 9000 Falcon MD20 Garrett AT Pro Pointer White's TRX Bullseye Treasure Products Vibra-Tector 740 & Vibra-Prob
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman318 View Post
    Also live in Raleigh and have been searching for a couple of weeks just to test out my new equipment. So far (predictable) no gold But LOTS and LOTS of black sand also lots of pyrite :X i hate pyrite. Quarts is all over have found a couple of good pieces as well as one rose quarts and one smokey quartz have also found A nice tourmaline. Have a Sluice coming in the mail tomorrow, will venture out to durham to see if i can get any specs. Working on restoring a 2001 f150 to haul my equipment so i can get on the road to the mountains and out west would like to find some emeralds/sapphire and of course the shiney!
    I'm in Durham with both new and old equipment (3" proline dredge, gold hog raptor2, gold cube gold banker and a load of other stuff & about a dozen detectors). PM me if you'd like get a plan of attack together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links