Santa Fe New Mexico
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8" only for any decent size nuggets--I really like the series 3 better but the technology your using is over 25 years old now too--but oldies are goodies and it sure beats a lotta junk out there. Use it to pay for a newer unit down the road--THE MAN MATTERS DAMN NEAR AS MUCH AS THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!! tons a au 2 u2 -John :headbang:

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can !!! Here's proof !!! Found these with my MXT Northern Tahoe area and southern Nevada

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 626
  • franklin-nugget2.jpg
    franklin-nugget2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 599

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockyredbaron said:
Yes you can !!! Here's proof !!! Found these with my MXT Northern Tahoe area and southern Nevada

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think he was asking if his older model Whites would be sufficient...........tons of gold have been found with the M.X.T. and G.M.T.

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
btbaillie said:
I just retired and joined GPAA and want to start looking for gold. My old Whites 6000/D Series 2 still works like new. I have an 8" coil and a 12" coil. I know a place that nuggets are possible. I was thinking on using the GEB all metal mode. Do you think I should use the 12" or 8" coil to start? Do you think this setup will find nuggets?

I had a goldmaster V/Sat for 15 to 20 years and never found a gold nugget. I bought a new MXT and the first time I used it, in a week, found 4 nuggets with one being a picker and another 3/4 of an ounce. Go get a gold detector and stop wasting your time with outdated baggage that is 4 generations old.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Not likely, unless you trip on it. It is not a gold detector and not sensitive enough.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
Yes you can find gold with your 6000 (been there and done that)but there are better machines for finding gold.

minelab, garretts and whites have good machines for finding gold

cwrob

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
White MXT
We just joined GPAA too!

We got the nugget shooter for the MXT and can't wait to try it again here in AK - we used it in a stream last week and got two strong hits that we then panned - came up with a flake in each :)

I'd LOVE to find one the size found there in Taho!! Any help you can give me is appreciated - I'm a newbie :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread