32.2 oz Nugget found at Moore Creek

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

We had a short season at Moore Creek this summer due to the recession. But the finds were better than ever - over 86 ounces of gold was found by 28 people in a two week period. There were 12 people the first week and 16 people the next.

We have a "day off" between weeks, and so people who go for both weeks get a free day. Ken P from Alaska stayed for two weeks and got that free day, and it really paid off. With a 32.2 oz nugget found not 300 feet from the main camp! Other major finds were a 6.4 oz nugget, a 4.7 oz nugget, a 3.5 oz nugget, and three nuggets that weighed over 2 ounces.

Way to go Ken! Moore Creeks largest nugget and one of the largest ever found with a detector in Alaska.

32oz.jpg

Steve Herschbach

Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG!!!!! :o
What is that, around $32,000. in gold???
Amazing find.... congrats!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

C

Cappy Z.

FANTASTIC!

Now keep the taxman, preacherman, and broke relative-man away and you should be just fine!

Hide it and run!

8)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Steve, a beautiful speciman and a $1,000,000 bit of successful advertisement for your claim., and backs up your faith in the claim. One of these days I will make it up to Alaska for :coffee2: :coffee2: and Bs.

Inicdentally, If you ever see Don Harris in Magrath, say hi for me and tell him to write.

Joseph Curry
Col. Centro
Calle Felipe Salido #4
Alamos, Sonora
Sonora, 56730
Mexico

Cuthroat

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2009
So people pay to come and look for gold on your claim? Do they get to keep what they find I take it? If so, how much is it per day to camp at your claim and hunt for nuggets? And is it MD only, or can you use a small sluice box/pan too?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuthroat said:
So people pay to come and look for gold on your claim? Do they get to keep what they find I take it? If so, how much is it per day to camp at your claim and hunt for nuggets? And is it MD only, or can you use a small sluice box/pan too?

Check this out: http://www.moorecreek.com/pay_to_mine.htm

Steve this is a great website packed with good info I enjoyed it and would love to participate in one of your outings, but it will be a few years yet so save me some 1+ ouncers, OK? :D

GG~

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Joe,

Don moved into Anchorage a few years ago. I saw him last about a year and a half ago at a mining convention.

Yeah, we have been doing a "pay-to-mine" operation for the last five years. We have dredges, highbankers, etc. but if you want the big gold detecting is the way to get it. I'll be hosting one last week personally next summer as the mine has been sold and the new owners will take over once they watch me for a week to see how it is done.

Steve Herschbach

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread